• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Magickal effects of semen?

Ereshkigal

Neophyte
Reaction score
I was thinking that since it's also a bodily fluid it could have effects similar to blood but i haven't tried anything yet so I was curious to see if anyone had experience with using it in rituals. I was also wondering if it had healing properties/general health benefits?

TheLastFlame

Neophyte
Reaction score
Semen is used in love and lust rituals that I know it can so be used in place of blood in some things I dont know about the specific rituals by names I'm not one for that type of magic.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Kenneth Grant enthusiastically endorsed the consumption of "vitality globules" daily to improve health and build magical power.
If I recall correctly, he also referred to semen as the "menstruum" of the New Aeon.
Generally, sexual fluids, particularly in the mixed form of an elixir, have multiple applications, though when spoken of openly suggest recipes for monstrosity of the kinky sort. Grant uses the conceptions of "kalas", which apply initially to female secretions but can also be found in the male - 16 types reflecting in each, to form the 32 paths.
Not many folks can grasp the artworks of HR Geiger any more than they can grasp the hypostases proceeding from the Ain Soph - but the "light shineth through", so to speak.
The Male is Fire, the Woman is Light, and yet each contain the essence of the other. In the former you have the essence of the stars, while in the latter you have the magnetic links that bind all things and direct their courses - both applying to generation and corruption.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
And how would you make these elixirs?
Standard biological non-onanic ritualized coition followed by oral extraction is one method. There is however a method whereby the male membrum may extract in the manner of a straw, though this requires a high degree of a certain type of initiation, to be summed up as "practice, practice, practice".

Asking for a gay friend
I would say read Crowley, thoroughly and carefully, though he would refer to such operations as destructive, though the intent of the author does not necessarily reflect a generalized truth. But he did once aspire with one of his disciples to create a "Magickal Childe" via "blood, faecies and semen".
(In a digression for sake of balance, I should note he (Crowley) thought Sapphism to be inexplicable, though I once conversed with a woman who claimed that tribadism was "neutral, and therefore white magick".)
As a curious note, Picatrix makes mention of "the semen of a female pig" as part of a recipe. Seeing that this is biologically improbable, the prescription seems a bit obscure and may be suggestive in the sense that the book also claims that direct consumption of human feces can cure all ailments.
One dare propose that grimoire writers may have had a sense of humor, unless they really were on to something. Experiment is what magic is all about.