• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Magikas Inclinations

Frater Quaesitor

Neophyte
Reaction score
¿Qué tipo de magia prefieres practicar?
¿Has obtenido resultados?
¿Cuál fue tu mayor éxito? ¿Tu mayor fracaso? ¿Tu mayor aprendizaje?

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
What is your preferred magical practice?
Have you obtained results?
What was your biggest success? Failure? Lesson learned?

(translated in my head for those who wish to answer)
Post automatically merged:

I cannot say I have a preferred magical practice other than trying different things and seeing what happens...

There was a funny result recently. I have been working with a 'finding things' servitor, and I take regular walks along a busy road. I happened to notice what looked like money just laying there. It was a $100 (US) bill! I got a rush of good feelings and thanked the servitor. Then after a minute as I looked at the bill, I saw that it was "copy money" as used in television and movies. It was a big let down, but then I thanked the servitor again for the funny joke. The next time I took a walk, I saw a few more of these fake $100 bills along the sidewalk and parking lots I was walking through. I picked up a few anyway. Maybe there will be some significance to having them in the future that I'm not yet aware of.

Lessons learned: You got to be out and about if you expect to find things! If you ask for money, the universe might play a joke on you! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
This is what DeepL gave me:

"What kind of magic do you prefer to practice?
Have you achieved results?
What was your biggest success, your biggest failure, your biggest learning experience?"

I used to do some sigil magic, back in the day. I've had mixed results but also one big success that was also my biggest failure in a way because of the absurd it worked out - I don't want to be more specific, it's a very personal thing.

Nowadays I'm working mostly on long-term projects as well as self-transfomation with the help of the Gallery of Magick books but it's still too early to say if I'm successful or not.

My biggest learning experience with sigil magic was that an operation is not a one-way street - if you try to 'push' a situation, it will push back, and when you try to influence somebody, a link between you and that person will be created, if you like that person or not. This does not mean that your fates will be entwined from now on for evermore or something, just that you might develop more empathy for that person - or even feel obsessed, when you are particularly unlucky. Maybe there is a way of 'insulating' yourself against such a backwash, back then I was just young and didn't care about the consequences.

Come to think of it, that pushback or backwash phenomenon only applies when you directly try to influence or control something - if you work with spirits, on the other hand, it's them who do all the work so you're home free. At least that's how I imagine how it works, I haven't had much experience with spirits yet.

Maybe there will be some significance to having them in the future that I'm not yet aware of.

You could use those bills for money rituals, for example where you burn them as a form of offering to a deity. I've heard they sell such fake money in Asia for use in spirit houses or for gifting them to the ancestors.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I prefer sigyl magic.

I have had some results, yes. (Though my batting average puts me in the bush leagues.)

I labor under the impression that one does not talk about results. As someone with a sonorous-sounding name should have said, "The warrior does not speak of the foe he killed; the gentleman of the woman he bedded; the mage of the spell that succeeded." I maybe had one sigyl backfire and put me in ICU. (Or maybe it was just bad habits catching up. The exact timing, though, makes me wonder.) This taught me to pay a lot more attention to secrecy and security when working.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I prefer sigyl magic.

I have had some results, yes. (Though my batting average puts me in the bush leagues.)

I labor under the impression that one does not talk about results. As someone with a sonorous-sounding name should have said, "The warrior does not speak of the foe he killed; the gentleman of the woman he bedded; the mage of the spell that succeeded." I maybe had one sigyl backfire and put me in ICU. (Or maybe it was just bad habits catching up. The exact timing, though, makes me wonder.) This taught me to pay a lot more attention to secrecy and security when working.

First of all, failures are embarrassing (nobody wants to look like a loser), and while they tend to be more instructive than successes, any experiences drawn from them may be so personal that others would just not profit from it, and that's a good reason as any to keep silent about them. Or the undesired results of an operation are so banal and commonplace that any others would just be bored by them.

As far ongoing long-term projects are concerned, I'm simply too superstitous to discuss them. If someone said, for example, "You should have used angel Y instead of angel X", I'd feel that that person put a jinx on my operation, or at least cast much doubt as to render it completely ineffectual. Best to keep silent about them, too.

I've become a bit disillusioned with chaos-style sigil magick. Like you, I had more failures than successes, and even with the successes, there were so many 'scattergun' effects to deal with, not all of them amusing. I feel that the 'imp of the perverse' reigns supreme over chaos magick operations. To put it bluntly, I feel that chaos magick tends to bring about chaotic results, and that's why I now put my trust in GoM-style angel magic instead. My hope is that benevolent, intelligent beings know best which results are suited for improving my general situation without any fuss and unnecessary childish antics; I hope that they will not dissappoint.

I'd only ever discuss a magical project while it's still in the planning stage, or for 'troubleshooting' purposes as soon as it becomes clear that I've been unsuccesful with a given operation. Apart from the obvious reason for secrecy (you don't want to think peope you're a lunatic), keeping silent is a purely pragmatic rule. At least that's what I think.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
This is what DeepL gave me:

"What kind of magic do you prefer to practice?
Have you achieved results?
What was your biggest success, your biggest failure, your biggest learning experience?"

I used to do some sigil magic, back in the day. I've had mixed results but also one big success that was also my biggest failure in a way because of the absurd it worked out - I don't want to be more specific, it's a very personal thing.

Nowadays I'm working mostly on long-term projects as well as self-transfomation with the help of the Gallery of Magick books but it's still too early to say if I'm successful or not.

My biggest learning experience with sigil magic was that an operation is not a one-way street - if you try to 'push' a situation, it will push back, and when you try to influence somebody, a link between you and that person will be created, if you like that person or not. This does not mean that your fates will be entwined from now on for evermore or something, just that you might develop more empathy for that person - or even feel obsessed, when you are particularly unlucky. Maybe there is a way of 'insulating' yourself against such a backwash, back then I was just young and didn't care about the consequences.

Come to think of it, that pushback or backwash phenomenon only applies when you directly try to influence or control something - if you work with spirits, on the other hand, it's them who do all the work so you're home free. At least that's how I imagine how it works, I haven't had much experience with spirits yet.

You could use those bills for money rituals, for example where you burn them as a form of offering to a deity. I've heard they sell such fake money in Asia for use in spirit houses or for gifting them to the ancestors.
Yes. In China here burning fake money for dead relatives is a big part of certain festivals. I knew an English teacher from Unclesamistan. He tried giving his kid students the dead money like it was play money. They wouldn't touch it and someone had to explain to him.