• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Make Unread threads stand out better

Reaction score
Awards
I agree. I am not trying to make daily entries anymore even if no work was done, as I want to make my posting be more beneficial to others on the path, whether my efforts in the posts are successful or not, it could be Im missing a technique detail or a blind, and others would find that and succeed, making my failures a success.
So, there are certain posts Ive made recent notes in, and they're six moths backlogged, so not sure when the auto merging on other older posts update.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Finally got around to implementing this. The text on unread threads should now be:
  • brighter
  • have a slight shadow for added contrast
  • have a "new" tag next to them
I am open to feedback and thoughts on this. Is it still not enough? Is it now too much?

Also please report any bugs if you notice them (especially if you see the "new" tag popping up in places it shouldn't be).

Reaction score
Awards
The biggest thing to make unread threads stand out better in the past for me was either replying to a thread with a decent reply, not just a "bump", and to scan New Posts.

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Finally got around to implementing this. The text on unread threads should now be:
  • brighter
  • have a slight shadow for added contrast
  • have a "new" tag next to them
I am open to feedback and thoughts on this. Is it still not enough? Is it now too much?

Also please report any bugs if you notice them (especially if you see the "new" tag popping up in places it shouldn't be).
Woohoo! Threads are looking great! Thank you!