• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Mandalas as spell formulas

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
any tips for using mandalas as a seed of spell ratios?

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
This gave me the idea to create a system for 'magic circles' like you see in movies and stuff. Specific geometric shapes and patterns to create various effects. Not for any real reason other than because it might be fun, even if it would boil down to half-baked sigil magic at most.

As for what you're asking, can we have some context? And how is what you want to do different from sigil magic?

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Youd find some good value.

As for what you're asking, can we have some context?
In the rock throwing method the mandalas come from choosing a specific rock with a history of mandalas which helps make the next, while there is some general intelligence from the possible calendar or the possible task. So it would probably be in the strategy of being able to do many things to complexify the somewhat random but still somewhat relevant mandala for a beginner while the expert might make the designs even more specifically after the rock throws while still before adding to them in more development stages, but anyways being able to shape it during a spell is important. Numbers would be important, to the point where balance of complexity and then intentionality force is there in what is like a computer bit. I actually already have a general method which is the 81 scales (it’s good for large things and stability). Would like to incorporate wisdom of energy vibration frequency while knowing they are guided by the energy frequency vibration of the mechanical numbers/ratios.
it could tend to work like a temporary tattoo with the wet paper mandala wetting the body and even transferring its physical value.

And how is what you want to do different from sigil magic?
if sigils are more about energy developing and manifesting plus sub/other conscious intentionality, then I was hoping to have more scientific intelligence physically (obviously perceivable so one can work on it more mechanically) added while not really changing much, but saying too much more could prevent certain optimism in the future.

sigils within the mandalas wouldn’t be forbidden.
Post automatically merged:

“Specific geometric shapes and patterns to create various effects.”

patterns seem like great stability or channeling. specific geometric shapes seem like designs that conquer the zeroing of nature.

Let me just say that this route is definitely what I want rn. I’ve seen the 81 scales work with vivid imagination on a mandala when younger and could load it with intelligence that could be reaching to the spell material the mandala was working on without cognition undeveloped from the mandala or inaccessible from the mandala.

When designing a mandala: a part of the mind in the mandala, and the matter and laws outside of the mandala that the mandala shapes into designs are, by harmonizing and eventual synchronicity, like they are in the construction of the mind.

The constant of symbolic logic alignments, and the idea of the golden ratio are interesting. I was talking to a math philosopher and a quantum physics that mentioned those things during talk of the 81 scale consciousness model.

we all Just want a long beard and a pointed hat Hahahah

Last edited: