• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Mars invocation for overcoming obstacles

Someone's asking for help!

azazel6672

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
5
Hi, I need an advice regarding a planetary magical invocation which can be performed to overcome or break through obstacles in a journey. Is Mars invocation appropriate for this? Any advice or pointers would be most welcome.
 
Joined
Jun 15, 2026
Messages
29
Reaction score
39
TL;DR: it depends on the type of obstacle and the type of discipline

The type of obstacle affects whether a specific planet is correct.

Mars is traditionally (as a Roman deity) associated with physical obstacles and endurance, ie: inner fire. IIRC, it is mainly for the physical. So if your obstacles are due to physical limitations, then sure, Mars is a good candidate. But this is also based on trad witch astrology correspondences.

If the obstacles are mental in nature, it seems like Mercury (the messenger and god of magic) would be a better bet. Road Opener conjure spells often invoke aspects of Mercury/Hermes for this, and that can be helpful if the obstacles you find are in your mind, based on money, or non physical.

I have no knowledge of GD, so can't offer insight. What is the tradition you are working in?
 

azazel6672

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
5
TL;DR: it depends on the type of obstacle and the type of discipline

The type of obstacle affects whether a specific planet is correct.

Mars is traditionally (as a Roman deity) associated with physical obstacles and endurance, ie: inner fire. IIRC, it is mainly for the physical. So if your obstacles are due to physical limitations, then sure, Mars is a good candidate. But this is also based on trad witch astrology correspondences.

If the obstacles are mental in nature, it seems like Mercury (the messenger and god of magic) would be a better bet. Road Opener conjure spells often invoke aspects of Mercury/Hermes for this, and that can be helpful if the obstacles you find are in your mind, based on money, or non physical.

I have no knowledge of GD, so can't offer insight. What is the tradition you are working in?
Basically planetary magic with Arbatel's Olympian spirits with an archangel for overseeing the operation. Greco-Roman with Judeo-Christian overlap. The obstacles are not physical but more bureaucratic involving layered correspondences.
 
Joined
Jun 15, 2026
Messages
29
Reaction score
39
In my opinion, that sounds more like a combo. Mercury helps with communication and eloquence, which may help with bureaucratic nonsense. But Mars can help with self advocating too, and drawing lines in the sand/boundaries. Perhaps if you are not feeling called to use Mercury at all, invoking Phalec, as the Prince of Peace while navigating this would be a good option, Or adding a Sol aspect for success in endeavours?

If you are called to use Mars, then definitely do so. Your instincts need to be trusted. I would definitely outline exactly what you need and are expecting though, since some actions may be outside Mars' influence
 

duncanhillscoffeeco

Neophyte
Warned
Joined
Sep 21, 2026
Messages
44
Reaction score
41
Are you doing an invocation or doing a spell? Is the change supposed to be internal or external? I know this is the invocation section, but I ask because, I see people bring up other stuff. Look man, you can do an invocation of mars to get the courage/motivation to do something. Here, you just:
•banish
•LIRH
•Greater invoking hexagram of mars, facing mars (wherever it happens to be in the sky at the time)
•Maybe the orphic hymn of mars for a good boost
•think back to a time when you just took your shot with something or you just got fed up and took action/worked up the courage to do something. Really think back on those instances. What could you see, hear, feel, smell, taste?
•create and energy flow: keep reliving those memories but imagine they're swirling around inside you in a hurricane of energy. We're using mars, so visualize red energy.
•expel the energy outside of you: keep visualizing the memories and the swirling red energy and increase the intensity until you expel it all out of your body infront of you
•imagine the god: as the energy is expelled infront of you, visualize it take shape into a type of god or deity. We're using mars, so just visualize yourself as the gods mars or ares. You could imagine a more muscular version of yourself in ancient Greek type "spartan" armor wielding a magic spear or you could do whatever you want. Maybe to you want to make your god look like a special ops soldier or something Idk. Just make it martial related.
•step into the god: focus on the image of the god. It should be life sized and should be facing you. Once you've focused on the image, step into where you imagine it to be and turn 180 degrees, effectively taking it's place. Image yourself turning into the god. You look like the god. The god is you!
•Focus on this state for a few moments. Really imagine you took the shape and image of the god
•sit as if you were meditating and have visualizations for at least 10 mins. The visualizations should martial related and should represent you getting the courage and drive to get up and tackle whatever you need to do in the real world. How you do these visualizations is up to you. Also you wanna mix in those memories from earlier. Really think back and try to remember what you saw, heard, felt, tasted, and smelled.
•when your time is up, get up and go do whatever you need to do.
Works pretty well, I used it to break out of a multiple month funk I was in and go out job hunting on the spot. It's my own hybrid method that I got from just golden dawn style invocations and techniques from this book on invocation and neurolinguistic programming called "brain magick". I've been mainly using it to invoke the zodiacal forces of capricorn and virgo to go to the gym and stay organized but I burn out on day 4 with capricorn and don't have the focus for anything. Of, course I haven't been banishing. My own fault. I like to f**k around and find out lol. As you can see I'm still experimenting with it and working out the kinks. I would recommend banishing after you do whatever you need to do and then re invoking when necessary. You don't want mars energy building up and going rogue. The way you banish is
•thank the powers of mars and give license to depart
•greater banishing hexagram of mars
•LBRH
•banish (LBRP or equivalent)
So yeah. Be careful with it.
Post automatically merged:

If it's external change you want instead, then you need to do a block breaker spell. On a Tuesday on a waning moon during the hour of mars you're gonna:
•Banish (LBRP or equivalent)
•LIRH
•Greater invoking hexagram of mars facing mars (wherever it happens to be in the sky at the time)
•orphic hymn to mars
•have a red candle ready on you altar anointed with mars, destruction, or block breaker oil from a reputable occult shop and with your statement of intent that's been written on a piece of paper placed under the candle holder
•state your statement of intent aloud and light the candle
•do a prayer/visualize your outcome while gazing at the candle for (at the VERY least) 10 mins
•Thank and dismiss the planetary powers of mars
•greater banishing hexagram of mars facing mars (wherever it happens to be in the sky at the time)
•LBRH
•banish (LBRP or equivalent)
I haven't really done a block breaker spell, but if I was gonna do one that's how I'd do it. Also, you're bringing up the arbatel? Dude just hit up phaleg and tell him to weaken the compition of whomever you need to, to get ahead.
Post automatically merged:

I meant *weaken the competition to get ahead
 
Last edited:

azazel6672

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
5
Are you doing an invocation or doing a spell? Is the change supposed to be internal or external? I know this is the invocation section, but I ask because, I see people bring up other stuff. Look man, you can do an invocation of mars to get the courage/motivation to do something. Here, you just:
•banish
•LIRH
•Greater invoking hexagram of mars, facing mars (wherever it happens to be in the sky at the time)
•Maybe the orphic hymn of mars for a good boost
•think back to a time when you just took your shot with something or you just got fed up and took action/worked up the courage to do something. Really think back on those instances. What could you see, hear, feel, smell, taste?
•create and energy flow: keep reliving those memories but imagine they're swirling around inside you in a hurricane of energy. We're using mars, so visualize red energy.
•expel the energy outside of you: keep visualizing the memories and the swirling red energy and increase the intensity until you expel it all out of your body infront of you
•imagine the god: as the energy is expelled infront of you, visualize it take shape into a type of god or deity. We're using mars, so just visualize yourself as the gods mars or ares. You could imagine a more muscular version of yourself in ancient Greek type "spartan" armor wielding a magic spear or you could do whatever you want. Maybe to you want to make your god look like a special ops soldier or something Idk. Just make it martial related.
•step into the god: focus on the image of the god. It should be life sized and should be facing you. Once you've focused on the image, step into where you imagine it to be and turn 180 degrees, effectively taking it's place. Image yourself turning into the god. You look like the god. The god is you!
•Focus on this state for a few moments. Really imagine you took the shape and image of the god
•sit as if you were meditating and have visualizations for at least 10 mins. The visualizations should martial related and should represent you getting the courage and drive to get up and tackle whatever you need to do in the real world. How you do these visualizations is up to you. Also you wanna mix in those memories from earlier. Really think back and try to remember what you saw, heard, felt, tasted, and smelled.
•when your time is up, get up and go do whatever you need to do.
Works pretty well, I used it to break out of a multiple month funk I was in and go out job hunting on the spot. It's my own hybrid method that I got from just golden dawn style invocations and techniques from this book on invocation and neurolinguistic programming called "brain magick". I've been mainly using it to invoke the zodiacal forces of capricorn and virgo to go to the gym and stay organized but I burn out on day 4 with capricorn and don't have the focus for anything. Of, course I haven't been banishing. My own fault. I like to f**k around and find out lol. As you can see I'm still experimenting with it and working out the kinks. I would recommend banishing after you do whatever you need to do and then re invoking when necessary. You don't want mars energy building up and going rogue. The way you banish is
•thank the powers of mars and give license to depart
•greater banishing hexagram of mars
•LBRH
•banish (LBRP or equivalent)
So yeah. Be careful with it.
Post automatically merged:

If it's external change you want instead, then you need to do a block breaker spell. On a Tuesday on a waning moon during the hour of mars you're gonna:
•Banish (LBRP or equivalent)
•LIRH
•Greater invoking hexagram of mars facing mars (wherever it happens to be in the sky at the time)
•orphic hymn to mars
•have a red candle ready on you altar anointed with mars, destruction, or block breaker oil from a reputable occult shop and with your statement of intent that's been written on a piece of paper placed under the candle holder
•state your statement of intent aloud and light the candle
•do a prayer/visualize your outcome while gazing at the candle for (at the VERY least) 10 mins
•Thank and dismiss the planetary powers of mars
•greater banishing hexagram of mars facing mars (wherever it happens to be in the sky at the time)
•LBRH
•banish (LBRP or equivalent)
I haven't really done a block breaker spell, but if I was gonna do one that's how I'd do it. Also, you're bringing up the arbatel? Dude just hit up phaleg and tell him to weaken the compition of whomever you need to, to get ahead.
Post automatically merged:

I meant *weaken the competition to get ahead
This is very insightful, thank you!
 

duncanhillscoffeeco

Neophyte
Warned
Joined
Sep 21, 2026
Messages
44
Reaction score
41
This is very insightful, thank you!
No problem :)
I forgot to mention the last step to the invocation, when you're done with your visualizations, create another energy flow and imagine the god breaking free from you and walking infront of you like in the beginning of the exercise. Kinda like you're shedding the skin of the god. Focus on the image of it standing right in front of you and then absorb it back into your body. You're not stepping into it like you did before, you're just absorbing the whole god back into your body. And then you're done. Go out and conquer. Don't forget to banish!
 
Top