• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Meaning or interpretation of "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you"

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
Per the subject title, what is the meaning or interpretation of this saying, and how do we cultivate and prove it to the world at large?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In various religious groups it means that if God likes you, you will be rich and powerful and healthy.

The real meaning may be that humans, having grown out of the animal kingdom long ages ago, now need to grow out of the human kingdom into the next higher kingdom.

If the human is really a son/daughter of God, then the human, when properly refined and aligned, will inherit a part of the family business

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Kingdom of God is usually Malkuth which is Adonai Ha-Aretz. Which really is the physical world. Don't find many attributes to the Crown or Kether, but could be thought also as King needs a crown and Kether is the Crown.

Reaction score
Awards
Well, there is YHVH ELOAH VE DAATH, Raphael, and the Malachim (Kings). Sol, Tiphareth.
A strict Middle Pillar here may be a key, along with path workings, the 32nd, 25th, and 13th Paths.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Well in a way I would add this to the idea and concept of non-doing. To act without thinking. When you start doing this you notice that the 'universe floats freely with you'. Which gives maximum luck, and every situation works with the big plan. It is a bit like being in the Tao Teh Ching Way, or the Jebus quote "I Am the Way, the Truth and Life" where Way is the significator of this.

Tifaret is more about Love than about entering the kingdom of God. But nevertheless one of the more important Sefiras.

Reaction score
Awards
I was thinking along those lines, to find the same qualities he exhibited and live them.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I was thinking along those lines, to find the same qualities he exhibited and live them.
That is why it is called the Great Work. To Perfect yourself into Self. That is why it's called union with God in India, because you become that God. Before that it's just a process of alchemizing yourself to the better.

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
God has a kingdom somewhere in space.
He created you as a spirit and predestined you to serve a specific role when you incarnate physically.
Seeking the kingdom therefore means to actively find and take up your role in God's kingdom which He wants to establish on this earth.
A principle of work means all your needs and desires are taken care of. You work for the government, they gotta pay you, health insurance and all.

Merlinscloak

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
IMO once you have transcended to the next plane the things of the lower plane tend to fill in behind you. You can only prove this sort of things to yourself, because to everyone who are not in the know, it will appear natural.

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

I went to a religious group one time and asked a fellow what was the meaning of "In my Father's house are many mansions:"

He replied that when we go to heaven we will each have our own house.

That seemed to me to be a very materialistic view of the concept of heaven

Reaction score
Awards
So the answer to the question is a combination of that divine spark within all of us, as well as emulating the qualities the Christ exhibited. Right?
Post automatically merged:

He created you as a spirit and predestined you to serve a specific role when you incarnate physically.
Seeking the kingdom therefore means to actively find and take up your role in God's kingdom which He wants to establish on this earth.
A principle of work means all your needs and desires are taken care of. You work for the government, they gotta pay you, health insurance and all.
I love this analogy.

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
I went to a religious group one time and asked a fellow what was the meaning of "In my Father's house are many mansions:"

He replied that when we go to heaven we will each have our own house.

That seemed to me to be a very materialistic view of the concept of heaven
The mansions Jesus spoke of refer to new bodies. A house or tent is symbolic of the physical body being your tent. I believe you meditate and have probably reached the sense of being this formless prescence (for lack of better terminology) that happens to be dwelling within & perceiving through this body. Now, a mansion is much larger than the average house, meaning the new bodies that Jesus is preparing for His Saints is a body with many capabilities.

So the answer to the question is a combination of that divine spark within all of us, as well as emulating the qualities the Christ exhibited. Right?

I love this analogy.
What is this divine spark? What's it like?

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
In the counter-reformation stage of the Roman church the divine spark was depicted as flames on top of the heart of Jesus.

This reflected mystical visions
Oh, I see, thank you for this.

Reaction score
Awards
Per the subject title, what is the meaning or interpretation of this saying, and how do we cultivate and prove it to the world at large?
So in reference to the replies, I can see the following:
1. We must meditate on the concept and qualities of God or Elijah or Christ,
2. We must seek those same qualities inside of us,
3. We must fearlessly hone and live those qualities,
4. We must congratulate the powers that be to others.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Meaning or interpretation of "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you"
SUBTOPIC: ≈ The Meaning
⁜→ Diluculo_DelFuego, et al,

This is an evangelistic saying the originations from the Book of Mathew:
• "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."​
This saying is an option for troubled people. Become a believer and you will have a new life experience. It is a recruitment pitch.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
ζητεῖτεδὲπρῶτοντὴνβασιλείαντοῦθεοῦκαὶτὴνδικαιοσύνην
SeekhoweverfirsttheKingdomofGodandtherighteousness

αὐτοῦκαὶταῦταπάνταπροστεθήσεταιὑμῖν
of Him,andthese thingsallwill be addedto you.

No real secrets to be found here. Jesus is simply emphasizing the importance of seeking the Kingdom of God over mundane things.

"Kingdom of God" of course, being within us and around us.
αὐτοῦ = self
δικαιοσύνην = righteousness; fulfillment of law; pythagorean name for four
προστεθήσεται = bestowed