• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Memorial of the Holy Guardian Angels

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
On October 2nd, the Catholic Church "celebrates" the Memorial of the Holy Guardian Angels and it is the date for a dedication to your own Angel, the one who is assigned to you at birth and who acts as your “messenger” to God.

It's probably a good idea to make the practice of a short prayer or the lighting of a candle a part of your daily routine – and then October 2nd or your birthday would be an excellent occasion to start this.

Maybe you know (or believe to have found) the (or a) name of your Angel. Excellent. If not then maybe you would appreciate for example the methods I gave in the "Enochian Astrology" thread, or you can simply address it as My Angel.

In the book Devotion to the nine choirs of holy angels, and especially to the Angel-Guardians (by Henri-Marie Boudon, translated by Edward Healy Thompson) both a litany of the Holy Angel-Guardian and a Prayer are given.

I think the daily prayer really doesn't have to be that long and will likely be more effective when done in your own words, but for this one time it seems like a nice text.

O Most faithful companion,
whom God has appointed to watch over me,
my Guide and Protector,
ever at my side,
what thanks can I offer thee for thy love,
thy constancy, and thy innumerable benefits?
Thou watchest over me in sleep,
thou consolest me in sorrow,
thou raisest me when I fall,
thou wardest off dangers,
thou preparest me for the future,
thou withdrawest me from sin,
thou urgest me to good,
thou movest me to do penance,
and reconcilest me with my God.
Already perhaps,
I should have been thrust into Hell,
unless thou by thy prayers hadst averted from me