• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Mobile Bug

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
There's a bug I've come across on mobile. Whenever you're responding to a thread and you create a new tab to spellcheck something in google you can no longer type in that thread - it will always take you back to google. Idk if it's just my phone but maybe this is something with the site.

Solution
Hmm, can't say I've experienced this or even fully understand it.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Could you answer the following questions for me so that I can investigate further?

1. Phone make and model
  2. Browser and browser version
  3. Step by step instructions to reproduce
Feel free to PM this info if you're worried about posting in thread.
1) straight talk android (that's all I know about it)
2) Google chrome - it doesn't say what version
3) respond to a thread, create a new tab to spell check a word and look up it's definition in google chrome, cut and paste that word in the reply. After I do this, it will kick me off of wizardforms and take me...

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards

Could you answer the following questions for me so that I can investigate further?

1. Phone make and model

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Just tested with an iPhone 12 on the latest version of DuckDuckGo. Had no issues.

I’ve experienced a slight glitch that may be related, where if I click on a link to another WF page and it auto opens in a new tab (such as clicking on the link to a ‘rules’ post or a book share), the new tab will open with me as a guest rather than logged in. The original tab remains logged in, however. Hope this helps.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards

1. Phone make and model
1) straight talk android (that's all I know about it)
2) Google chrome - it doesn't say what version
3) respond to a thread, create a new tab to spell check a word and look up it's definition in google chrome, cut and paste that word in the reply. After I do this, it will kick me off of wizardforms and take me back to my Google search. This also happens when I close the second tab.

I googled this last night and I think it might be a straight talk problem. Apparently my phone service provider has been working on bugs cuz some of their towers are down.

Solution