• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

More strange synchronicities

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Most of the digital art I do is fractal related. Lately I've been learning Mandelbulber. I've spent a few weeks using that exclusively. Today I decided I needed a change, so I went back to my favorite app, JWildfire.

In JWildfire you can have several variations per transform. You can change how those transforms interact with each other (xaos), move each transform around, etc. Most of the stuff I do is by exposing. I don't usually have an idea of what I want to create when I start. So there's a lot of random tweaking until I start seeing something I like.

The fractal I was working on today has 6 transform (4 normal, 2 final) and 8 variations. Everything is fairly random. There are no image maps of any sort being used. So I started at the top transform and started doing my normal. Ie, moving that transform 5 to the left, then 5 to the right, 5 up, 5 down, rotate 90 degrees, etc. Just to see what sort of changes occur. There is just a ton of random settings here. Nothing intentional (at least consciously).

So this happens:

Interesting. I click down on one of the transforms twice, and this happens:

There's just an incredible amount of randomness in this fractal, and I thought it was neat that something identifiable popped up.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Very cool. Years ago I made a series of images based on one single picture of a tree.
Even turned some of those images into the major arcana of a tarot deck I had printed.