• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Mushrooms & Plant Teachers

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hello! πŸ„πŸ¦‰πŸ„

I have discovered very recently that psilocybin mushrooms are legally very easy to get and grow in my state. They literally have a wall of different spores I can get in my local smoke shop, ranging from Golden Teacher, to Penis Envy 6, to Lizard King. (nothing special about that strain, I just think it sounds cool)

I intend to work with these plant teachers professionally - and legally - as a profession (if you are curious, there are many studies & statistics out there validifying psychedelic psychotherapy in treating PTSD, Addiction, Depression, etc.). Given I'll need a Masters Degree and then some to make this a career, I'll have plenty of time to grow and experiment on my own (my girlfriend is too chicken to try any with me, lol.)

Still, it would be nice to save some cash & guess-work based off the reviews of drug-addicts & squares.

Mushrooms are plants that speak, they are literally living creatures, until we eat them and bring them into us. I am not looking for fun, I am looking for mushrooms that have profound and real shit to say, ones that open doors, promote transformation, and help with Shamanistic Questing.

I bought some Penis Envy 6 because the guy behind the counter said it was the most popular one and I have personally heard good things about it. My money-magic has made me physically and financially very secure, so I can get a few other strains too, thus this thread.

Have any of you had remarkable experiences with specific Mushroom Teachers before? If so, please share them here!

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Well eaten mushrooms everynow and then for atleast 15 years. Can say that they are great everytime but now it's time to stop doing it. I mostly like the earthly connection you get from them. Haven't now had some for like 5 years perhaps, and not looking forward to doing them in a time. For some reason I'm their prophet or something like that, but then again I am a shaman also so perhaps they just liked my way of doing things.

The best with mushrooms is to go out in the summer to a natural place with no human and then take them alone or in a group. It gives most teachings while out in nature.

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Well eaten mushrooms everynow and then for atleast 15 years. Can say that they are great everytime but now it's time to stop doing it. I mostly like the earthly connection you get from them. Haven't now had some for like 5 years perhaps, and not looking forward to doing them in a time. For some reason I'm their prophet or something like that, but then again I am a shaman also so perhaps they just liked my way of doing things.

The best with mushrooms is to go out in the summer to a natural place with no human and then take them alone or in a group. It gives most teachings while out in nature.
Have you noticed any particularly potent or effective mushroom breeds during your years of experimenting? Any favorites? Recommendations?

a3ct

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Psilocybin has significantly advanced my spiritual practice, deepening my understanding of how elemental forces impact my life. These experiences, conducted in a safe setting, are usually aligned with celestial events, aiming for at least one session annually. Mastering the vibration of god names has been a key milestone, further enriching these sessions. When everything aligns, the experience is truly transformative.

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Psilocybin has significantly advanced my spiritual practice, deepening my understanding of how elemental forces impact my life. These experiences, conducted in a safe setting, are usually aligned with celestial events, aiming for at least one session annually. Mastering the vibration of god names has been a key milestone, further enriching these sessions. When everything aligns, the experience is truly transformative.
Is there any breed of mushroom in particular that you found to be more beneficial and effective than others?

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I had Golden Teacher last time, and just a moderate amount went a long way.
I always liked Golden Teachers the most. They gave the best trips :)
Thank you both, I'll begin growing a batch of Golden Teachers today, in a month or so I'll be making reports, as I eat them by the handful πŸ¦‰πŸ€˜

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you both, I'll begin growing a batch of Golden Teachers today, in a month or so I'll be making reports, as I eat them by the handful πŸ¦‰πŸ€˜

Not sure if you are growing outside or using indoor tek methods but if indoor be very careful because the batch can easily go bad and need to be thrown out.

There are lots of tutorials on YouTube.

Be Safe and Happy Travels

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Not sure if you are growing outside or using indoor tek methods but if indoor be very careful because the batch can easily go bad and need to be thrown out.

There are lots of tutorials on YouTube.

Be Safe and Happy Travels
The grow-bags I got seem pretty straight forward: sterilize, inject, then keep in a dark 70 degree room for a few weeks before kneeding them.

Thank you for the advice and well wishes! πŸ‘‹ πŸ¦‰

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The grow-bags I got seem pretty straight forward: sterilize, inject, then keep in a dark 70 degree room for a few weeks before kneeding them.

Thank you for the advice and well wishes! πŸ‘‹ πŸ¦‰

The process is easy to follow yes but it’s very delicate and usually it takes multiple attempts to get it right for the 1st time.

If you see things turning green while waiting for the 1st pins then toss it and start over.

I’m only making a big deal out of to hopefully prevent you from getting sick.

It’s tricky getting it right.

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The process is easy to follow yes but it’s very delicate and usually it takes multiple attempts to get it right for the 1st time.

If you see things turning green while waiting for the 1st pins then toss it and start over.

I’m only making a big deal out of to hopefully prevent you from getting sick.

It’s tricky getting it right.
I appreciate that, getting sick would suck eggs. Thankfully there's a massive selection at the local smoke shop of spores so failure wont be a huge L, I think next I'll be trying the Blue Meanie and Jedi Mind Fuck breeds
Post automatically merged:

A little update!

I have done thorough research and discovered that Penis Envy 6 is one of the most potent breeds! And difficult to cultivate. Golden Teacher is said to be more mellow in experience and cultivation, I've already noticed activity with it.

I also could not help myself, I got "Jedi Mindfuck" and it is also reported to be powerfully potent and difficult to cultivate..

I have a thermometer now in my grow room, maintaining around 74 degrees.

I am making daily progress in my ability to focus and meditate, I believe in a month's time I will be all set to do some psychonaut activity with those mushrooms as rocket fuel ⛽️ πŸ¦‰
Post automatically merged:

Update:

The heatwave kept my apartment over 80 degrees for several weeks. All the spores molded. Will try again in the Fall πŸͺ¦πŸ’πŸ¦‰

Last edited:

MofoMojo

Neophyte
Reaction score
There are a lot of reddit groups that give good tips for growing. Bar none one of the best straightforward books I've read on the subject, however, was
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. They just came out with a v2 that I have not read but I don't really have a reason to, I've got my stuff dialed in when I need it.

I highly recommend Golden Teachers in the cubensis family as a good all around easy to grow, and moderate strength shroom though cubes have some moderate body load. On the other hand Psilocybe Natalensis is a little more potent and has less body load. There's also a reddit specifically for natalensis.

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Golden Teachers are the easiest grown and best imo. Haven't yet grown them but heard that it's quite easy. And there are growth boxes available online.

MofoMojo

Neophyte
Reaction score
Golden Teachers are the easiest grown and best imo. Haven't yet grown them but heard that it's quite easy. And there are growth boxes available online.
Golden Teachers and B+ are two pretty easy ones to grow. They're fairly tolerable of a good range of temperatures. All in One kits are ok but they can also be susceptible to contamination, especially if you don't get them from a reputable source. If you've got a pressure cooker you can do things on the cheap very easily though.

MofoMojo

Neophyte
Reaction score
My last batches didn't survive the heatwave btw.

I have spores of Penis Envy 6 I plan to use in the coming fall once I can reliably have low Temps. I've heard Penis Envy is related to Golden Teachers.
PEs are in the cubensis family, yes.

You should be able to comfortably grow in temps between 70-80 degrees but as the temps go higher than that your chances of contamination increase. As they go lower they can decrease, but it takes longer to grow which increases the chances of contam if your environment isn't sterile. Keep tubs off the floor, a minimum of a few feet, the higher the better, limit airflow in the surrounding space. Don't try to vacuum around them, don't stuff them under your bed. I don't know if this is the right forum to discuss much deeper. I doubt wizfo want to turn this into a place to discuss cultivation techniques but last bit of advice...

Cubes like high humidity, between 80-100% if possible. DO NOT spray directly on your pins or shrooms though, they'll rot. I don't have to spray mine as I have a pretty dialed in process for them now but I'm lucky enough to have some decent climate control to keep the temps around 75 too. I'd be glad to DM you an overview of that if you're interested.