• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Music for magic

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I've used music to focus and define emotional energies for magical purposes, as well as a "theme song" for certain types of work. Metal I have found very useful for aggressive forms of operation. Softer music for conciliatory and harmony promoting works.
I've found the energy in certain types of music is also good for promoting perception in study - for example, sigil study to Meshuggah makes me sense those fissures between worlds embedded in symbols.

I had read of using music in working from a couple authors, but the idea was activated in me by example when I was in the service. I went to a female friend's barracks room to pick her up for chow time and the door was open, as usual. But when I walked in I saw her dancing in her underwear to Madonna while burning incense. She told me she was casting a love spell on a newly arrived male Marine who was some corn fed Midwest Christian type. She got her wish, but I felt bad for the guy partly because he was being made a fool of - he became dazed, obsessed, undisciplined and fretting over her. Plus I knew things about this woman that well... let's just say she had a reputation. But whatever the example may be, what works, works.

I do not listen to Madonna. I refuse to. I believe that when she kissed Brittany Spears onstage she was actually cursing her.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I've used music to focus and define emotional energies for magical purposes, as well as a "theme song" for certain types of work. Metal I have found very useful for aggressive forms of operation. Softer music for conciliatory and harmony promoting works.
I've found the energy in certain types of music is also good for promoting perception in study - for example, sigil study to Meshuggah makes me sense those fissures between worlds embedded in symbols.

I had read of using music in working from a couple authors, but the idea was activated in me by example when I was in the service. I went to a female friend's barracks room to pick her up for chow time and the door was open, as usual. But when I walked in I saw her dancing in her underwear to Madonna while burning incense. She told me she was casting a love spell on a newly arrived male Marine who was some corn fed Midwest Christian type. She got her wish, but I felt bad for the guy partly because he was being made a fool of - he became dazed, obsessed, undisciplined and fretting over her. Plus I knew things about this woman that well... let's just say she had a reputation. But whatever the example may be, what works, works.

I do not listen to Madonna. I refuse to. I believe that when she kissed Brittany Spears onstage she was actually cursing her.
I’ve found many cultures using music and dance to enter a trance state

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

I play I don’t care anymore by Phil Collins over and over, I’ve noticed Even in martial arts in Capoiera they dance and sing and play music

the Prophets would also dance and have their servants play music in order to get into a trance

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Wagner was very careful to distingush muse-ic performances from tonal performances. Perhaps he knew something

In modern times there is a revival of analogue records. I wonder why.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
the Prophets would also dance and have their servants play music in order to get into a trance
On the trance thing, you actually reminded me that about 20+ years ago I was trying to use various types of world music for this purpose. It wasn't systematic or anything, but I built up quite a collection ranging from Tibetan, western monastic, India, Bali, Sufi stuff. Had some visionary experiences because of them. One I have is some kind of Jewish symphonic CD covered in Hebrew letters - I have no idea what the name is, but I do recall the CD jacket (long lost) had Kabbalistic diagrams all over it. I think it was based on an 18th century(?) composition about Isaac Luria's exploits. It gets pretty dramatic, even ecstatic though at times disturbing.

I've attended drumming and had intense "freaky organic" visions because of it, but it wasn't worth the buzzing headache I had after.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
In modern times there is a revival of analogue records. I wonder why.
Retro vintage sounds have nostalgia appeal? Probably sound best with stoner fuzz doom bands.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Ha! Found out what it was - but its a modern composition, not old timey.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Reaction score
Awards
A couple good trance recommendations (techno/electronic):
Pump Up The Volume - MARRS (12" remix)
The Funky Breaks - DJ Icy
Cowgirl - Underworld

Rage -
Kinlling in the name of - Rage against the machine
All Gone to Hell - Motorhead
Butterfly with bullet wings - smashing pumpkins
So What - Ministry

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
On the trance thing, you actually reminded me that about 20+ years ago I was trying to use various types of world music for this purpose. It wasn't systematic or anything, but I built up quite a collection ranging from Tibetan, western monastic, India, Bali, Sufi stuff. Had some visionary experiences because of them. One I have is some kind of Jewish symphonic CD covered in Hebrew letters - I have no idea what the name is, but I do recall the CD jacket (long lost) had Kabbalistic diagrams all over it. I think it was based on an 18th century(?) composition about Isaac Luria's exploits. It gets pretty dramatic, even ecstatic though at times disturbing.

I've attended drumming and had intense "freaky organic" visions because of it, but it wasn't worth the buzzing headache I had after.
I love using rock music it’s always uplifting or even the theme from the shining for curse work

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

I once saw a video from California they were doing a ceremony to Ogoun I believe. the young lady was dancing with swords

Reaction score
Awards
Two songs that really makes me want to throw myself into hoodoo is Born on the Bayou and Hoodoo Woman (Krokus).
I'm already into candle magic rituals and herbology.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

Interesting you mention headaches, I get them after I enter a semi trance state. It’s likely part tension

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Two songs that really makes me want to throw myself into hoodoo is Born on the Bayou and Hoodoo Woman (Krokus).
I'm already into candle magic rituals and herbology.
Its strange that you mention that because I was looking into Papa Legba. I even bought him a cigar because I plan to call for him in the near distane future.

Hoodoo music really has a lot of energy into it.

Oshun Meditation Music ( Warning Extremely Powerful )
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Reaction score
Awards
Recommendation:
Rolling Stones "Sympathy for the Devil", but more importantly for a frenzy, dance to "Gimme Shelter"

Reaction score
Awards
Recommendation:
Rolling Stones "Sympathy for the Devil", but more importantly for a frenzy, dance to "Gimme Shelter"

Let Mick and the female backup singer hit your earlobes ....and listen for that washboard and rattle.