• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

My Approach to Energy work, Washing oneself with prayer.

Omee

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Based on @Jackson 's request he wanted a part of my energy work system, and sadly I don't really have a grasp on a specific full system or a method per se that's end all be all. At least my disposition for energy getting stuck in my head and my eyelids starting to twitch isn't a good idea for energy work, no?

I did get introductions on specific systems of Qigong like Fang Song Gong taught by Sifu John Dolic and his other sleeping qigong system, but again it is about how you approach them. I would honestly recommend Sifu John Dolic's Fang Song Gong if you can get your hand on recording of the guided meditation it gives and once it become second nature you can do it as a "fix-me-up" method or go through it when you feel out of funk. I remember that Fang Song/Relaxation Qigong was published in some 1970s medical qigong book!

Another person of interest I will interject here is Dr Leon Wright's Cleaning out Technique, Dr. Wright was the first person Saygyi U Ba Khin authorized to teach meditation outside of Myanmar. The letter was presented to him in a public ceremony at the Myanmar Embassy in Washington, DC, given by the Myanmar Ambassador.

Other than that take a step back and humanize your approach to energy work, don't floor the pedal with a method without checking yourself, your spirits, and how everyone around you is affected by it. You can only go so far with brute-forcing a method or a system until you realize it might incompatible with your life! Give yourself some grace and ease, if you tense up or feel like it is a chore then that feeling will just keep going on and get amplified by the system itself and ti will become this chinese finger trap where the more you do the less you feel free, you would start to feel more stuck.

There's time where you would need a more firey appraoch and other time where you need more watery/relaxed approach! I don't think you would be using wim hof method or tummo in the middle of the desert with humid weather ;)

For me, I take a step back from excessive energy work and I just cup my hands in prayer, do verse of light from Quran, Psalm 23, and Aphorism 14 from Arbatel prayers into my hand and then glide them from top of head to feet. It's not exactly visual nor an energetic work per se but it does have a build up effect to it over time that's very noticable when you fall off it.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
You potentially learn things when you attempt to network, even if I recommend an approach with less antics than me.

Omee would seem to have gotten far without professing to be a master on this side of field, but still seems to know what he's talking about.

Omee, were you not reasonably far along the energy side of things before your more in depth occult work?

Omee

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
You potentially learn things when you attempt to network, even if I recommend an approach with less antics than me.

Omee would seem to have gotten far without professing to be a master on this side of field, but still seems to know what he's talking about.

Omee, were you not reasonably far along the energy side of things before your more in depth occult work?

I am not master in either of these, I see myself as stuck and a person who's a neophyte if you would use that term. I am definitely started more alongside the occult part in 2013 and moved toward "energy work" if you would call it that from 2015 to 2018? but I am honestly not seeing myself as a very easy thing to work with both of these two forces, as occult work and energetic can get very slippery or very intense fast and uncontrollable. Having guidance both from the outside(teachers, friends, etc) and having guidance from spirits goes very long way and you won't be in a blind leading the blind situation.

Morell

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I am not master in either of these, I see myself as stuck and a person who's a neophyte if you would use that term. I am definitely started more alongside the occult part in 2013 and moved toward "energy work" if you would call it that from 2015 to 2018? but I am honestly not seeing myself as a very easy thing to work with both of these two forces, as occult work and energetic can get very slippery or very intense fast and uncontrollable. Having guidance both from the outside(teachers, friends, etc) and having guidance from spirits goes very long way and you won't be in a blind leading the blind situation.
Sounds like you try a lot of techniques but you didn't master any to more depth. There is saying in martial arts that fits in occult too: "I do not fear a person who trained ten thousand attacks once, but I'm really scared of person who practiced one attack ten thousand times."
Sure, we move from interest to interest, but mastery takes time, years for sure, even in a system that you create yourself from parts of other systems and your inventions.
Apologies if I understood you wrong basing on your text, your first post shows a lot of research done and shows that you tried those methods, but also raises question in me, how much time of serious practice did you spend with each and how well were you able to master them.

Omee

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Apologies if I understood you wrong basing on your text, your first post shows a lot of research done and shows that you tried those methods, but also raises question in me, how much time of serious practice did you spend with each and how well were you able to master them.

Oh it is alright, I am not putting my thread as someone who's an expert in energy work or mastered anything, I just wanted to talk about what I personally practice often and found to be greatly useful for me throughout my years. The reason I made this thread was based on @Jackson's request who's currently banned so it kinda defeats the purpose of this thread albeit... < request here >

I don't change a lot from styles and most of my personal stuff I am doing is considered soft or even minimal energy work stuff. The bulk of my practice is spirit work and working with my spiritual court(ancestors, guardian angel, saints), I don't really have the knack to get far into energy work systems and I don't know if I am "fit" for them, if you're wondering about that! so maybe I am less than a beginner in energy work.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
You still seem to have acquired the sight, or I suppose are interacting by other means. If I agitate my energy, whatever I see is mostly.... well, they're not vague, but the few "entities" I encounter are just perceived as globs (not accurate description) of energy, e.g. a stationary fog-like energy in the hallway. Which still isn't an accurate description, but they're not easy to describe.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
If I may interject, but the best thing I've ever done for my energy work is to study Tai Chi and Reiki - among other eastern "energy based" studies. They tend to get the whole thing condensed in a manner that is easy to understand and learn.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I should have the financial balance to take to up Reiki this year, unless i want to try to learn it myself.
Thank you for reminding me.