• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

My first proper lucid dream

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
In the past, whenever I've realised that I'm dreaming, I wake up immediately. Also, in my normal dreams, I find things confusing and not know what was going on, like my head was full of cotton wool.

This time was very different. The substance of the dream was not terribly interesting; I was at a D&D game, and one of our players had wandered off. I went to find him and discovered that he was attending some sort of business meeting. This was the point where I realised I was dreaming. I could change the colours of the office decor, and I started discussing it with the other people in the office. We were all very excited about it, and I took some photos - which, interestingly, all had no people in them when they came out, which I assume was my brain trying to tell me that they weren't real people. In fact, I asked one woman her name (with the intent of looking her up when I awoke) but her reply was "I don't remember"

The actual plot of the dream turned out to be that the company was supposed to be taken over by the son of the current CEO, but he was as thick as mince. I was part of a movement to try and get him to run the company in tandem with his sister who was very smart and much more capable.

Strangely, I did not use my dream abilities explicitly to make this happen; I was still overjoyed to be thinking clearly in a dream for once.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting. My dreams are generally lucid, but generally rather pointless too. The lucid aspect is that when I get annoyed or bored, I remember to wake myself up.

Tiana Silvermoon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
That's great :)
I don't remember my first lucid dream already, but I remember all the excitement it brought. Good luck in getting more of those :)