• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] My Imagination?

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The forum runs smoothly for a week, ticking along quietly. Then SkullTraill drops in, civil threads are closed for no discernible reason (i.e., the one on Necromancy pointers), people are warned that developing a question is "off-topic") (what more genteel folk call "discussion.") ST is greatly to be esteemed for having this forum at all. Less so for channeling Papa Doc Duvalier, whenever he has an off-day.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Your imagination indeed. Pretty low attempt to start some shit and have all the disgruntled tough guys pile on him. You could at the very least have @SkullTraill

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
You couldn’t contain your seething for 10 minutes, so you had to copy paste what you sent on PM into a thread?

Well thanks for saving me some time, I was gonna copy paste it into the staff section myself for us to all have a laugh.

I have already explained countless times why there is a difference between “discussion” and “off topic”. This is a forum with threads. Threads have titles. That determines what topic the thread is.

Every post you have ever been warned for is also of exceedingly low quality, as is the thread you’ve mentioned. You don’t have to reply to every stray comment in a thread that pops a semi for you. I’ve also said before that replying to an already off topic comment does not absolve you from being off topic yourself. There are concessions to be made when a reply ultimately adds value to the topic of a thread, but your reply in that thread specifically (and you being the most warned member on this site - also meaning generally) was of little to no value.

Actually, perhaps there is a misunderstanding on the core concept here. This isn’t a chat room or a casual meetup for drinks and cigars at the gentlemen’s club. All the “indeed, jolly chap”s and overly verbose non-statements - while they may be entertaining for you - aren’t really of any use to the site, and if anything take away from the core purpose of disseminating information and helping enlighten people about the theory and practice of the occult.

Now, I don’t want to take away from the fact that you’ve been doing much better these past few weeks, I have enjoyed some of your posts, and in fact some of them have even been useful. But I just don’t want you to be fooled into thinking the bulk of what you post - essentially vacuous gibberish and idle chatter - is valuable enough to give you the sort of social credit that would warrant your discretionless, wanton, pompous blabbering whenever you need to scratch your itch.

Perhaps it would fancy you to join our discord, which is far more chitchat-centric lounge-like and accommodating towards scatterbrained idle chats.

But far more importantly, it was a 3 day warning for a dipshit useless post. Walk it off, Jesus. You don’t have to formulate some internal narrative on why and when this happens to you, not to mention the hubris required to assume that most or all others would feel the same way - no one but your fellow bottom feeders will agree. It’s really not that deep. Take a chill pill. Any other admin would have permabanned you at the 5th or 6th warning. Yet here you are on your 22nd because I sense good intentions and an entertaining personality.