• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Necromancy pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I'm looking for tips on how to begin learning the necromantic arts. Anybody have any pointers like recommended books and such?

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
havent read it since im kind scared of necromancy but seems helpfull

Romolo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I recommend you the essay "Goetic Devotions" by Jake Stratton-Kent, published in Scarlet Imprint's Devoted. JSK mentions some aspects that are easily overlooked. Another book I really enjoyed was "Clavis Goêtica: Keys to Chthonic Sorcery" by Frater Acher, also part of our library. A fascinating book providing insights in the power of skulls and "talking heads".

Necromancy is not what it seems it is about.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Warned: Off-topic.
If you're looking for a practical approach and want to hack through the rigours of ceremonialism and the confusion of shrouded mysticism, ouija has been the supreme necromantic art for last 150 years or so...

Yet Runes have merit for your intents and purposes as well, being remnants of an ancient "dead" dialect no longer spoken and a long history of use as a necromantic and oracular device.

Muse on this: Just by speaking runes, one resurrects a dead language. Each rune is a memory, Information ripe in "paranormal" dark energy. All together may prove a useful tool-kit in conversing with ghosts, spirits, entities etc.
Wow, I wasn't actually even aware that ouija was more than a game. Quite interesting

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Wow, I wasn't actually even aware that ouija was more than a game. Quite interesting
There are all kinds of cautions that are typically given to ouijia users. There have been a couple threads, I think, in the past year or so here. You might look and see if anything strikes you as sagacious.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
There are all kinds of cautions that are typically given to ouijia users. There have been a couple threads, I think, in the past year or so here. You might look and see if anything strikes you as sagacious.
Thank you. This helps a lot

Morell

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
COMMUNING WITH THE SPIRITS: The Magical Practice of Necromancy
I'll be honest: I've read only introduction and first two lessons, as the author advised for those who are not ready to get into that practice yet, so I cannot value it more. However I believe that it might be of use.

MehenVox

Neophyte
Reaction score
Personally, I am looking at these topics just in recent weeks and I have had the opportunity to do some research about them, so, I'm going to advice you four great resources:

• The Bones Fall in a Spiral by Mortellus
  • The Gospel of The Ghouls by Baron & Baronessa Araignee
  • A Spirit Walking the Twilight Path by Michelle Belanger
  • Work Primer by Naag Loki Shivanath

Let me know which one you choose and especially how it goes...
Post automatically merged:

Aaa I almost forgot an excellent text, a complete guide, from A to Z:
  • The Witches' Book of the Dead by Christian Day

Last edited:

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, I am looking at these topics just in recent weeks and I have had the opportunity to do some research about them, so, I'm going to advice you four great resources:

• The Bones Fall in a Spiral by Mortellus
  • The Gospel of The Ghouls by Baron & Baronessa Araignee
  • A Spirit Walking the Twilight Path by Michelle Belanger
  • Work Primer by Naag Loki Shivanath

Let me know which one you choose and especially how it goes...

Aaa I almost forgot an excellent text, a complete guide, from A to Z:
  • The Witches' Book of the Dead by Christian Day
Ive always had bad experiences with Belangers books so not that one

Ive always had bad experiences with Belangers books so not that one
I might try some of E.A Koettings works

Status
Not open for further replies.