• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

NECRONOMICON GATES

man090

Visitor
Reaction score
Hi, new here. Apologies for my English. So..
About the Necronomicon gatewalking, are the sigils supposed to be out of metal or is a paper/color combination adequate? Anyone here perhaps experienced in this grimoire?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
You're using the Donald Tyson book? I have read the book, but was not inspired to actually work the gates. Why not try making a paper/color combination and seeing if it works for you? Let us know. Time spent on art is never wasted.

Apologizing for your English? I teach Business English and see no mistakes. I have long counseled my Chinese students that there's a way to tell if a foreigner is American or not: "If his grammar is correct, he's probably Dutch, German, Scandanavian, or Polish."

man090

Visitor
Reaction score
The Simon Necro. A question about the gates also, are we supposed to circle the gates and also have a flour circle around them? Thanks for your answer.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The Simon Necro. A question about the gates also, are we supposed to circle the gates and also have a flour circle around them? Thanks for your answer.
Given that the Simon Necronomicon (along with all the others) is a creative work based on hints scattered in Lovecraft, I'd say that one is free to experiment. A parallel case: most of the old Nordic tradition is irretrievably lost. But Stephen Flowers, writing as Edred Thorsson, undertook what he styled a "reconstruction." That is, taking the bits that survived and drawing on his genuine scholarship (a PhD in Germanic Languages), plus lots of experimenting and collating the results of his Rune Gild's adherents, he hammered out what is said to be a workable system of galdry and sedhry.

In the case at hand, you could first try drawing the circle from the inside, then circling. If that gets you nowhere, try it from the outside. But, yeah, trying to solicit others' experience is a wise propaedeutic to the whole enterprise.