• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Neurobiology effects of antipsychotics lead to loss of visualization?

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
As antipsychotics such as Abilify, used to treat schizophrenia (honesty as an occultist may not be all its cracked up to be), have a neurobiology/neuropharmacology effect on the brain. As I am neither a brain surgeon, psychiatrist or other brain expert, I can say that my visualization sucks compared to before I was put on the antipsychoctic due to post-occult auditory and visual hallucinations.

Here is a writeup on Abilify:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

So, I have made prior posts on visualization sucking during magic routines or Formula, but not tied into antipsychotic use that I am currently aware of.

The question is in essence, what areas of the brain are affected by the drug bindings to certain receptors such as dopamine. This will or should clue us into without a strapped EEG helmet in operation during attempts at visualization, as to what areas of the brain manage visualization, hallucination, and other occult effects.

The answer is Cortical Pathways:
"They include the hypothalamus, pretectum and the superior colliculus. The vast majority of optic tract fibers terminate on neurons in the lateral geniculate nucleus (LGN) of the thalamus (Figure 15.3A).

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm very interested in schizophrenia because it's (in part, and simplistically) too much dopamine, whereas ADHD is (in part, and simplistically) a dopamine deficiency. So I feel like I can learn about my condition by learning what the opposite end of the scale is like

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, shizo typal vs schizo affective is also interesting. Im labeled as Borderline and Schizo typal, which seems to line up with depressive end of Bipolar. My psychiatrist is trying to wean me off of Abilify and treat me with an anti tremors medication as a unwanbted coiincidental side effect of Abilify.
Too much dopamine, that makes sense, as it (Abilify) binds to dopamine receptors in the pathways.
It really is fascinating reading the abstract articles regarding neuropharmacology.
Post automatically merged:

Had an interesting talk with my psychiatrist on this today. We discussed the general mechanisms of the brain, SSRIs, dopamine, ephedrine, serotonin. was very informative.
Post automatically merged:

Also have a plan to wean me if. The anti psychotics. A drastic reduction at the least.

Last edited: