• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

New, here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliban

Neophyte
Reaction score
...but not new to this. I have been operating under this handle for years, at other forums that have come and gone. If you knew a Caliban there, that's probably me.

I have a broad personal practice, worked as a professional fortune-teller at seasonal themed events around the country for over ten years, and have been formally affiliated with a couple very different occult societies, in one so far as a leadership role in an autonomous, chartered lodge.

I do a lot, from folk magic to theurgy, Hermetic Qabala to Fairy Faith. I am a practiced and practical magician, not a theorist or hands-off mystic. Part of my work is an obligation to share that experience with those who might benefit from it.

And that's why I am here.

I'll be poking around, piping up as I find I have something to say. I'll endeavor to do so politely, but also I am kind of a grumpy old man on some topics. It's not personal.

Caliban

Neophyte
Reaction score
One of the groups I am or was formally involved with was big on sigils. This one I made as a sort of signature. Here's a version needing less of a squint:

lVv8SiG.png

Thanks for the welcome!

Reaction score
Awards
Hello and welcome to the forum. Want to give an explanation? I'm guessing from the Thoth tarot deck, the seven of Cups, debauchery from Venus in Scorpio.

Caliban

Neophyte
Reaction score
I am doing an exploratory series on the Suit of Cups as "cursed", playing with AI for an image outside my direct control - and better than I can create. I do have natal Venus in Scorpio, so the symbolism is resonant and personal.

Let me provide these - respectively the Page, Knight, Consort and King of (cursed) Cups as an example:
(Content Warning - creepy occult shit ;) )

S7ovXXA.jpg
opoFIz3.jpg
yYfkPLP.jpg
wPG5ovs.jpg

Now, these are not actually art - they are auto-generated images than an artificial learning algorithm engine feel meet the criteria of my prompts. But from a practical standpoint, they work for me as magical images (I may use Knights, for instance, as emblems for my watchtower guardians).

But - if I got the mood right - they are spooky. I don't want to creep out random viewers in White Magic/Divination... but they also aren't Off Topic.

I also have more ordinary talismans and seals that should do just fine for all audiences.

Reaction score
Awards
No worries, I'm a Libra Sun with Scorpio ascendant, so in Tarot readings, I use the Knight of Cups (Rider Waite title) as my significator.

Caliban

Neophyte
Reaction score
oh - I mistook which thread this was. Let me amend that to answer what you asked.

Oh - no Edit after a reply. Noted!

As much as I'll say is I have Venus (conjunct Neptune) on my natal descendent, and opposite, on my ascendant, 0° Gemini, the Pleiades. 2:3 (stars) is a ratio of personal significance. The double Psi is "as above, so below" among other things. The Samaritan letters simply spell CALIBAN.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
if I got the mood right - they are spooky. I don't want to creep out random viewers in White Magic/Divination

If you're looking for a little feedback, myself, an Ox from the heart of Taurus, Neutral-Good inclination:

For me:
The first picture is "bold"
The second picture is "victorious"
The third is "charming"
The fourth is "pensive"

The double Psi is "as above, so below" among other things.

Love-it.

Caliban

Neophyte
Reaction score
The Consort (Queen, but he's a boy) is meant to convey a sense of "the flags are all red, BUT his eyes are green" - as well as "Nurturing", on the plane of personal relationships. Pages (to me) are "Seeking", Knights are "Striving" and Kings are "Governing".

Tool used is Bing AI Image Generator. Specific prompts used fall under "words of power" for me, and are my secret. ;)

Caliban

Neophyte
Reaction score
Well, it's all perspective isn't it? The Chaldean Oracles warn

Stoop not down unto the Darkly-Splendid World; wherein continually lieth a faithless Depth, and Hades wrapped in clouds, delighting in unintellible images, precipitous, winding, a black ever-rolling Abyss; ever espousing a Body unluminous, formless and void. Stoop not down, for a precipice lieth beneath the Earth, reached by a descending Ladder which hath Seven Steps, and therein is established the Throne of an evil and fatal force.

But Liber Tzaddi counsels:
Stoop down unto the darkly splendid world, and be wedded to that Blind Creature of the Slime.

Venus is famously at detriment in Scorpio, opposite her day rulership of Taurus, in the night domicile of Mars. But that's my luck. So, symbolically, I am playing with the archetypes a bit, and getting cozy with my Shadow, here.

"Cursed" then just in a slangy internet sense for content that is intentionally a bit uncanny or "off."

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
"Cursed" then just in a slangy internet sense for content that is intentionally a bit uncanny or "off."

I think that's well represented in what you have made. My confusion is probably because I have deep appreciation for that sort of content.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome Caliban! Wonderful to have you. I am notcso much into Tarot, but what you've shown so far is awesome.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome Caliban, also those are one of rare ai works I respect, effort well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.