• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion "New Ishtar Power"

Talk about a book(s)

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
For those who don't know it, The Magic Of New Ishtar Power is a lesser commented sister work, by Al G. Manning, to New Avatar Power.

Although it has gotten the occassional blog post, I am not quite sure why it never got as much attention as the latter. If anyone with significant capacity did want to make a system of it and provide commentary, I would enjoy that. I have read before on Studio Arcanis someone that did successfully contacted it's entities, albeit as egregores.

Any feedback I can provide when I get around to my own testing will likely be very rough, assuming I don't make a disaster of it.

KjEno186

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I had never heard of that book. Thank you for mentioning it. I bought an old hardback copy of NAP a while back and include aspects of it in my regular work. There have been gradual successes, though nothing nearly like the magnitude and quickness of the 'testimonials' included with NAP. I'll have a look at the MNIP soon and see if I can add any insight into similarities and differences here.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I personally have less concern with material results borne of it than the vehicle it presents, but both can be interesting.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
It's pretty uhhh making random shit up when it comes to Ishtar (who it gives as a male deity and just... the author clearly knows nothing about them beyond "spooky deity from the east")

So, that's definitely put me off, it's just really hard to engage with the rest of it because it's so clearly full of shit. (Like you say, it's presumably working with a contemporary egregore rather than anything to do with the historical Ishtar)

I'm not saying it ISN'T effective - I'm saying that when it gets some upfront things badly wrong, it loses a lot of credibility, and that's probably why it's not popular

If you're happy to wade past the bullshit and test out the actual magic then I'm sure people will be interested in the results!

MehenVox

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Net of the fact that it is the real Ishtar or as I more likely imagine, it is an eggregore created by the author. The important thing, at least for me, is that it brings the results you are looking for. Has anyone tried to adopt this system with any success?

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, as mentioned in the Book Share forum. Although I will try it some time, we would hope someone more advanced than me would provide comment.