• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Occult Novels Recommendations

Talk about a book(s)

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I hope this goes here. I had a book request denied because it was a novel. So this could also go in Lounge I imagine? or Media?

Anyhow, any occult novels that struck your fancy lately? I am reading Mark Danielewski's House of Leaves. Partly it's a tale of a couple who find their new bought home far, far vaster inside than out. (And not necessarily so heimlich after all.) Partly it's satire on the academic/scientific/literary world for dithering endlessly about what they never understood to begin with. (One "footnote" to illustrate a point runs for about three pages of names.) Reactions from others who've read it?

Any other gems out there?