• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Odd Computer Problem

Someone's asking for help!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
My computer's operating system is Chinese, but stuff online in English sppears as English. Till two days ago. Now everything (including this forum) pops up in English then switches to Chinese. Neither I nor the local savvy computer guy has any idea of what to do. The problem only occurs with Internet Explorer. Google Chrome is fine. On my smartphone, there is no problem with anything. So it looks like the problem is how my computer reads Internet Explorer. Any suggestions? It's an offbrand notebook computer that's 6 years old. Could it be senescence? (Machine's, not mine.)

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I presume you've had a look in edge://settings/languages ? It must be a setting in IE, not on the computer.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I presume you've had a look in edge://settings/languages ? It must be a setting in IE, not on the computer.
Yeah. I'm going to try deleting IE, then downloading and re-installing. Thanks.
Post automatically merged:

I just tried a solution I swear I saw the computer repairman do twice. The problem vanished. I guess in magick you gotta do things three times.

Last edited:

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
it sounds really stupid, but computers sometimes have a nag to not listen to certain people.
i had a router that worked on hugs and kisses.

life is strange, pc's are magickal...

Aeternus

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
it sounds really stupid, but computers sometimes have a nag to not listen to certain people.

Indeed. Computers are quite magical and they need a lot of positive energy to really work.

My laptop has the most stupid habit of lagging just when I want to work on something important.

And I have to say to my laptop: gucy gucy goo, come on my sweet laptop... please work

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Warned: Off-topic

My dad had an old car that started best if he first cursed at it. Informal cursing, nothing overtly magickal which he wasn't aware of, let alone into. Just a simple, "Start you SOB!"

I'm like that too. On most jobs, sitting in front of my computer, the boss comes along and says, "If you don't get that mouse to motating, I'm gonna fire yo' white cream-puff a**." And, lo and behold, I start working.
Post automatically merged:

Indeed. Computers are quite magical and they need a lot of positive energy to really work.

My laptop has the most stupid habit of lagging just when I want to work on something important.

And I have to say to my laptop: gucy gucy goo, come on my sweet laptop... please work
Doubtless you have one of the HAL 2000 series of computers. You know, the ones that say, "I'm sorry Dave. I can not accept that order."

Status
Not open for further replies.