• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] On being a "Master", particularly on Tarot

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
I am no expert on Tarot, but every decade, one such Master appears, changing the interpretations and meaning of the cards, how to shuffle, cut and deal and so on.
My first deck was a Rider Waite deck, which I have used and now have a third deck in use, two previous destroyed, once by garbage, second by fire. Most books and interpretation of imagery and energy come from this deck.
Other decks used include Builders of the Adytum by self coloring or black and white imagery and symbol; Ceremonial Magick (Lon Milo DuQuette), and Golden Dawn tarot. I now have only a Rider Waite and Thoth decks.

On being an expert ....
How many of you have traced Tarot history?
Your spirits tell you the only way, huh, you and you alone?
Then you are telling the entire world that they are and have been incorrect since time began, even possibly before then considering incarnation chains across big bangs through time. The best tarot deck for minors is the Golden Dawn Tarot, as it shows only that number of element symbol, like playing cards, which calls on the student to research Cartomancy and Divination by Numerology.

Tarot works like this: Color, symbol, title, attributes/correspondences, energy. Then interpretation and meaning.

There is also the matter of patterns, groupings and so on, my opinion is to read The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot.
I recommend reading Paul Foster Case. Bill Stafford or Waite. perhaps.

Last edited:

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I prefer Tarot of the Bohemians, published in 1892 so it has none of the modern day trappings that any so called "masters of tarot" may fall into.

Reaction score
Awards
I prefer Tarot of the Bohemians, published in 1892 so it has none of the modern day trappings that any so called "masters of tarot" may fall into.
Id be interested in reading it. My jabs are at my peers elsewhere by the way, as well as popular infomercial readers.
It seems to me such a priceless source of wisdom would stand on its own imagery, and interpretation is a infallible solution, with tangible principles in action per card drawn. Furthermore the energy of each card should be awakened before reading for others. My opinion.
I still have yet to read Josephione McCarthys tarot book or Bohemian Tarot. Perhaps my answers lie therein.
I must admit, the Golden Tarot forced me to look up the interpretations, because Im not skilled with reading a deck of playing cards, let alone the minor arcana from that deck.
Post automatically merged:

I should also add that I know from discussions with someone irl who was studying tarot history and is possibly found in Bohemian Tarot that there were only three pigments available in which to color at the time and was costly, so likely those skilled worked in royal or esteemed positions free from persecution.
So, color is obviously important in this light.
Add to this that color and sound have healing and hurting capabilities used in combination with intent.
So, we have then, a responsibility to know and understand and use the tarot for good or evil.
Post automatically merged:

One thing I AM OBVIOUSLY NOT A MASTER AT (besides magic) is mathematics. God how I suck at the present moment. How did I let myself do that to myself, given the opportunities I had others would have killed for? A good view to keep in mind as my old ass goes back to school.

Last edited: