• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Report Ophiel's Vignette Lessons in Occult Power

A post detailing the poster's experience/thoughts with a book.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I've shared many books in the forum library recently from the late "Ophiel." I found them on another web site, but of course one never knows if such a source will be there the next day, month, or year. I'm also reading them for the first time myself. I have to say, this fellow had a very conversational style to his writing which could 'turn off' many people who expect a more professional approach from authors of occult works. Nevertheless, he did lay out some 'secrets' more plainly than I've seen so many others do so. This is Magick 101. Ophiel tells you what to do, but he wants his readers to understand the 'why' of what they're doing, plain and simple.

This particular book is full of Ophiel's "vignettes," which were originally sent out as mini lessons by mail for small sums of money. Keep in mind that they were written long before the internet, which has since made such a practice via snail mail obsolete. Here, for example, is one of the vignettes in the book, edited for length:

The God that is in my mouth
This vignette applies to day by day living and some day by day actions we indulge in. I am assuming that you want to do the best that is possible by yourself, without going too deeply into metaphysics every little minute.​
...​
You do have a God in your Mouth and, of course, the one meaning of this statement is that your Power of speaking/vocalizing, is of the same type of Power (speaking/creating) that the First Cause used when he created the Physical Cosmos out of himself!!! (You create your local physical sphere yourself!)​
...​
...we are constantly “shooting off” our mouths...​
...​
To give a simple example. I once found myself saying to my dog, “bad doggie,” not actually meaning it, but saying it as a term of affection. This is not a thing to do although it is true that the FORCE of the wrong words will not be put “OUT” on the dog unless you are very angry or emotional about it . (Please read that over until you fully grasp its meaning.) BUT THE SAYING, AND THE REPEATED SAYING, BY YOU, OF SIMILAR WORDS, WILL EFFECT YOU IN RETURN, through the agency of the Astral Light which floods through your Inner Being all the time and does mold your basic attitudes.​
...​
There is also a mystery here as to whom you really are. YOU speak out like a creator, and so do create, and yet, you are affected by your own creations, showing that YOU (WE) do not clearly understand YOU (WE) yourself or your Powers, creative or otherwise.​
If you will re-examine your speech/life/living patterns you should be surprised at the wide prevalence of your derogatory style of speech. You (WE) constantly say to others, “You are a rat!” or “You are a bad child!” or “You are a dumb bell!” or “You are a damn fool!” or “You are a stupid child.” You are this, and this, etc.​
The pressure of a constant barrage of destructive speech does bring about the very thing that is not really wanted by anyone, the speaker or the spoken to. And this is done basically by ignorance on the part of the speaker who does not know the destructive effects of his speech, and in many cases could not be persuaded that his ordinary talk could have such an effect on others and, through them, on the physical environment. My poor Mother was the victim of this type of situation. Her whole life was spent in denouncing one thing or another, but fortunately she acted the opposite from the way she spoke and some harm was avoided.​
...​
...Your speech/attitudes do govern your life more deeply than you think they do. Now whether you can change your ways much remains to be seen.​
In other Vignettes. I’ll try to explain the mechanical effect/basis for the previous statements. I can say now that the working effect of speech/attitudes is due to the actions impressed on the Astral Light by your use of the God that is in your Mouth.​
So, for Heaven’s sake, and your sake, use the God in your Mouth to create GOOD THINGS for yourself, and for others. It is the same power used either way. It is your choice.​