• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Outer planets and their uses in magick and divination

Vandheer

Disciple
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Fuegos post got me curious, does anyone here include the outer planets in their craft and divination? What are their purposes if so?

I personally do not, because including them just break the traditional models which seem to work for me. And they are practically fixed stars because of their massive period. I can't think of including them anything outside "aeonic magick" so to speak.

Reaction score
Awards
Uranus is a tough one. Pluto was said to rule a sign, I think Scorpio, though Mars rules Scorpio and Aries.
Neptune used to be the ruler of Pisces 8f I'm not mistaken, before that Jupiter ruled both Sagittarius and Pisces.

Astrology aside, XIII The Hanged Man (elemental Water) is possibly associated with Neptune, Uranus has 0 The Fool (elemental Air) and Pluto XX Judgement (elemental Fire).

Daath is said to be Pluto, and Uranus or Neptune are Chokmah or Kether, depending on who you ask.

Uranus and Saturn are both Administrative and teachers I believe.
Neptune as Scorpios ruler is associated with magic, illusion and substance use.
Pluto also possibly associated with Scorpio is change and transformation.
Post automatically merged:

Ciceros Self Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition in the first through third chapters has good astrology info, includiong ruler, exaltation and fall; along with aspects and how to construct a natal chart for a full understanding of basic astrology.

Oh yeah ... the original Golden Dawn writings included Uranus and Neptune in some order identifying with Cauda Draconis (Head of the Dragon) and Caput Draconis (Tail of the Dragon) as North and South nodes of the Moon drawn in the center of an invoking or banishing Luna hexagram.
First or second knowledge lecture if I recall correctly.

First knowledge lecture.

Last edited:

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Fuegos post got me curious, does anyone here include the outer planets in their craft and divination? What are their purposes if so?

I personally do not, because including them just break the traditional models which seem to work for me. And they are practically fixed stars because of their massive period. I can't think of including them anything outside "aeonic magick" so to speak.

I don't partake in the usual planetary "traditions" and whatever those entail, but I do work with the Saturn Sphere and its essences as a supporting component of my path as a "Black" Elementalist.

From my experience, the Saturn Sphere and its spiritual essences are very resonant to my path as a practitioner who is immersed deeply into the Negative polarity, which isn't too surprising given Saturn's associations with darkness, death, and even the Abyss according to some sources, while the Original Intelligences of Saturn are mostly described as nightmarish beings who are the lords of Karma and Negativity above all others.
I invoke and indulge in Saturn's essences through various methods, whether it be direct activities like meditation, energy work, soul-work, and simple contemplation, or partaking in one of its material correspondences as a fervent Tobacco enthusiast (tobacco is strongly associated with Saturn, and I can say from personal experience that tobacco is a very convenient tonic quite surprisingly reminiscent of some actual invoked essences).

On the other hand, my relationship with Saturn is also used as a way to facilitate my Equipoise in regards to the Earth Element, as while its essences can certainly be deeply negative and helpful to me in that pursuit, they also work as more of a weighty, grounding negative force conducive to the Earth Element as opposed to the more purely Magnetic negative energies of the Lunar Sphere which I'm more intimately familiar with.
Thus I use this facet of Saturn as a tool to offset my strongly watery-magnetic tendencies as a Cancer ruled by the Moon and keep my Water-Earth dynamic in better balance. Being too watery-magnetic has caused me much grief in the past, but this practice prevents such issues in the future by stimulating my Earth-functioning and the corresponding faculties mentally and astrally.

In the future when my capabilities allow it, I eventually plan on getting into contact with the Original Intelligences of Saturn to dive deeper into my understanding of the Negative Polarity and the process of becoming a Negative Intelligence, as there is a strong likelihood that my path ends with becoming a secondary Intelligence of that Sphere, or at least an Intelligence of the Earth-Zone with strong Saturnine associations.
All that is far, far down the road for me though, of course.
So for now and the quite distant foreseeable future, my relationship with Saturn will maintain its modest dynamic.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i think that its only useful when you have such anchors in your being, but its also my believe that its aeonic. i had such anchors and its hard to let go and live in a smaller circle, while these closer planets have more influence. the best way is to go talk to kronos and let him eat his children. it makes me confused, but i have hopes of realigning with new planets and making sense. i researched my o9a and islamic roots and it is actually the same as how the berhatiah works. so it seems a septenary system with diverse astrological bodies works. leaving out the prejudices about both systems of course, cause they are nasty.

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
@Al-Zalaam You write excellently as usual.

I should have clarified however, that I am talk about Uranus and beyond here. 😅
Is it not an outer planet according to the classifications of whatever sources you were implying?
My judgement was limited based on actual astronomical definitions, but I guess they don't exactly correlate to the esoteric classifications.😩

Well you can obviously see I was speaking the truth when I said I wasn't in touch with traditional planetary systems.😆
I saw our beloved diluculo briefly mention Saturn too so I assumed it fit the criteria.
Oh well...

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
It's reasonable! Astronomically Saturn is an outer planets, but OP meant "planets that can't be seen with the naked eye, and therefore were never part of classical astrology"

I don't use them because I guess as with your natal chart, I think the effects they have are too broad, affecting whole generational cohorts. So I feel like invoking them would be similar, they would be too distant and big picture and not really able to make sense of any request at the individual human level, if they could even perceive you as an individual (that's just my feeling based on natal astrology, not something I've read anywhere)

Vandheer

Disciple
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Totally my bad, I should have clarified.

Pretty much what Pixel says here. The ones you can't observe with naked eye so the ones that aren't used in "Septanary system/Hebdomadry".

And Pixel I agree for the same reasons.

Oh yeah ... the original Golden Dawn writings included Uranus and Neptune in some order identifying with Cauda Draconis (Head of the Dragon) and Caput Draconis (Tail of the Dragon) as North and South nodes of the Moon drawn in the center of an invoking or banishing Luna hexagram.
First or second knowledge lecture if I recall correctly.
I remember that. I have seen those in Ciceros book. Don't they mean north and south poles of earth?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i think the aeonic part for me has to do with o9a knowing the way out and some non o9a getting help in doing so. for me to explain the door out of our universe would be left to saturn is a black hole where one can leave.

Reaction score
Awards
Totally my bad, I should have clarified.

Pretty much what Pixel says here. The ones you can't observe with naked eye so the ones that aren't used in "Septanary system/Hebdomadry".

And Pixel I agree for the same reasons.

I remember that. I have seen those in Ciceros book. Don't they mean north and south poles of earth?
Yes, exactly. The North and South lunar nodes. Shaped like an Omega and an inverted Omega.
Depending on which is which and your intent, you would do a Luna invoking or banishing hexagram, but instead óf Luna, you would draw the symbol of the appropriate node.

Also, Geburah is usually associated with tobacco, and Saturn is usually associated with hemp or marijuana.

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
it would be cool to have them shrunk or expanded to the size of this planet and then a phantom of it here as a dimension we can tune into while also manifesting its happenings and enrichment. remembering emotion develops intelligence.

Reaction score
Awards

I would love to be able to say more, but perhaps there is something I can say within what I know of their associations with tarot and alchemy:

Uranus - Elemental Air, Aleph, 0 The Fool.
Neptune - Elemental Water, Mem, XII The Hanged Man.
Pluto - Elemental Fire, Shin, XX Judgement.

AMSh or in Hebrew ShMA; is the alchemical formula.

This is something to look into in works by the Ciceros or Regardie and Greer.

Reaction score
Awards
I know people who effectively use the outer planets (and their discovery, demotions to dwarf-planets, etc) in divinations as a way to explain themes during longer periods of time which is particularly useful if sorta backtesting your method against the past.

But personally I just use the classical planets (Moon, Mercury, Venus, Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn) in any and all my work. Later I started sorta throwing earth in there but that’s a different topic probably.

-Eld

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting take, never considered their transit times ... Aspects are not a bad thing to pay attention to..

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

A good test is within the next few days, Luna will exit Capricorn and be in Pisces with Saturn and Neptune. Earth, Air and Water in a water sign.