• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Pain as a form of mysticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I consider myself to be asexual, somehow which I view as my first experience with the Left Hand Path, I was involved in the kink community. I didn't have sexual arousal, but I found pain to be meditative, my play style was remaining stoic as someone tried to break me down, floggers, whips, etc.

I know it's kind of an odd thing to find spirituality in, but I loved the underground subculture, how the dance studio after dark became a dungeon. How people dressed up in ritual garments.

I loved the sense of strength as I knew that I could take a whip, a punch a flogger without flinching. It wasn't sexual for me. I've done Flesh Hook suspension which was originally a Native American and Hindu ritual used in religious ceremonies.

I tried to get back into the kink community, recently, but it was very full of woke stereotypes, I made a comment saying JK Rowling had the right to her views, even if I disagreed. Let's just say I didn't really fit in, but around 2011-2013, I consider it my first taste of Magick and Meditation with the current of the Left Hand Path.

For me it was meditative and not sexual at all, I know being part of the BDSM community as a form of meditation sounds weird, but there were monks that flogged themselves to bring themselves closer to God.

This is a thread all about pain being used to bring about a mystic state, what are some cases throughout history?
Post automatically merged:

I just realized that BDSM play sort of represented a metaphor for my life, currents whether karmic, planetary, or energetic tried to break me down, I remained standing and whenever I was brought broken down to my core, I built myself up stronger, just with more trust. I guess I need to develop that trust I had with the play partner to not take things too far and associate it with the spiritual.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Ordeals are a pretty common rite of passage in any functional culture. Today the O9A incorporates physical challenges as part of their Grade exercises. The Plains Indians' Sun Dance involved fasting, dehydration, and cuts through the pectoral muscles, then to hang by rawhide thongs.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
This thread has no focus. Is it a general occult discussion about pain as a forum of meditation/mysticism? Is it about LHP? Is it about Politics? Is it about BDSM?

Scatterbrain shit makes it hard to categorize, and stay meaningful and on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.