• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Penrose validated side note on tryptophan.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Penrose validated.

It was Sir Roger Penrose who brought the idea forward, could consciousness be quantum? When Penrose and Stuart Hameroff presented it, it was called “Orchestrated objective reduction (Orch OR)”.

Back story - First it was Penrose who proposed that consciousness was a quantum phenomenon and didn’t happen as a product of nerves firing later Stuart Hamerock added to this in conjunction with Penrose with the hypothesis that consciousness happened inside of neurons as a quantum process orchestrated by the structure of microtubules.

Now onto Penrose.
In the Mid 1990’s Penrose thought it was possible that our brain can produce quantum states inside individual neurons which are then collapsed by gravity waves or a multitude of many other things.

Or for visualization, our brain is like a bunch of tiny quantum computers rather than a single analog computer. These “Quantum Computers” are inside the neurons. Or at least that is what Penrose postulated in the mid 1990’s. (Except with bigger words and more science talk).

He was then criticized by nearly everyone, borderline laughed at. The reason being is that; quantum states are notoriously hard to produce and if they did occur they collapse in a fraction of a second, 10 to the power of -13 or in decimals 0.0000000000001’s of a second.

The Rise of Stuart Hamerhoff
This is where Stuart Hamerhoff the anesthesiologist comes in.
Yes… an anesthesiologist. What is he doing in the field of physics you might ask? Saving Penrose’s bacon, that’s what.

There are different gases anesthesiologists use but none of them should work on Neurons, Hameroff thought that it might actually be working on Tryptophan rings and other various compounds. Tryptophan aka Trp is an Amino Acid that is very common, it creates something called tubulin. These tubulin then create rings that form into microtubules - these complex structures are the basis for pretty much everything because it is an essential building block of life, they are quite literally everywhere.

It was hypothesized by Stuart Hameroff in the 80’s that the anesthesia gas’ change the vibration of these microtubules causing them to collapse in on themselves thus resulting in a person becoming “unconscious”.

They then tested the “Orchestrated Objective Reduction” theory in 2022 and it failed 😨

But then upturned this study that I’ll link down below.

There are two seperate cases in which prove their theory to be right and the first experiment in 2022 may have been botched

It seems as though Penrose and Hamerhoff were validated, more testing needs to be done but it looks promising.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Side note about tryptophan.
Tryptophan absorbs UV light, but it is also Florescent if it receives a certain photon 🧐 is this why when astral projecting you have a dark purple hue until you get out of the body and the color becomes a florescent purple? Also could this be why the color purple has been linked to the spiritual? Food for thought.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Penrose validated.

It was Sir Roger Penrose who brought the idea forward, could consciousness be quantum? When Penrose and Stuart Hameroff presented it, it was called “Orchestrated objective reduction (Orch OR)”.

Back story - First it was Penrose who proposed that consciousness was a quantum phenomenon and didn’t happen as a product of nerves firing later Stuart Hamerock added to this in conjunction with Penrose with the hypothesis that consciousness happened inside of neurons as a quantum process orchestrated by the structure of microtubules.

Now onto Penrose.
In the Mid 1990’s Penrose thought it was possible that our brain can produce quantum states inside individual neurons which are then collapsed by gravity waves or a multitude of many other things.

Or for visualization, our brain is like a bunch of tiny quantum computers rather than a single analog computer. These “Quantum Computers” are inside the neurons. Or at least that is what Penrose postulated in the mid 1990’s. (Except with bigger words and more science talk).

He was then criticized by nearly everyone, borderline laughed at. The reason being is that; quantum states are notoriously hard to produce and if they did occur they collapse in a fraction of a second, 10 to the power of -13 or in decimals 0.0000000000001’s of a second.

The Rise of Stuart Hamerhoff
This is where Stuart Hamerhoff the anesthesiologist comes in.
Yes… an anesthesiologist. What is he doing in the field of physics you might ask? Saving Penrose’s bacon, that’s what.

There are different gases anesthesiologists use but none of them should work on Neurons, Hameroff thought that it might actually be working on Tryptophan rings and other various compounds. Tryptophan aka Trp is an Amino Acid that is very common, it creates something called tubulin. These tubulin then create rings that form into microtubules - these complex structures are the basis for pretty much everything because it is an essential building block of life, they are quite literally everywhere.

It was hypothesized by Stuart Hameroff in the 80’s that the anesthesia gas’ change the vibration of these microtubules causing them to collapse in on themselves thus resulting in a person becoming “unconscious”.

They then tested the “Orchestrated Objective Reduction” theory in 2022 and it failed 😨

But then upturned this study that I’ll link down below.

There are two seperate cases in which prove their theory to be right and the first experiment in 2022 may have been botched

It seems as though Penrose and Hamerhoff were validated, more testing needs to be done but it looks promising.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Side note about tryptophan.
Tryptophan absorbs UV light, but it is also Florescent if it receives a certain photon 🧐 is this why when astral projecting you have a dark purple hue until you get out of the body and the color becomes a florescent purple? Also could this be why the color purple has been linked to the spiritual? Food for thought.
Interesting, though I'll need to slow read it a few times and digest.

One caveat. "There are two separate cases in which prove their theory to be right..."(sic) Actually no theory is ever proven right. Evidence can be heaped up in its favor is all. Any scientific truth is subject to revision. And what can be revised might come to be rejected. Sir Karl Popper made a career out of harping on this point.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting, though I'll need to slow read it a few times and digest.

One caveat. "There are two separate cases in which prove their theory to be right..."(sic) Actually no theory is ever proven right. Evidence can be heaped up in its favor is all. Any scientific truth is subject to revision. And what can be revised might come to be rejected. Sir Karl Popper made a career out of harping on this point.
Good catch, honestly towards the end I was rushing it a bit. 😅

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Actually it sounds more compelling for the ol' Greek to hop out of the hot tub shouting, "Eureka!" rather than, "Preliminary evidence indicates that I might have found a simulacrum of what I sought."

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Actually it sounds more compelling for the ol' Greek to hop out of the hot tub shouting, "Eureka!" rather than, "Preliminary evidence indicates that I might have found a simulacrum of what I sought."
Tbf, I think the “Eurika!” Moment was when Stuart helped bring the concepts together. The title is “Penrose Validated” after all. 🤷‍♂️
and yeah I didn’t get into all the reasons the 2022 experiment was likely botched. Also the 2 things they proved that happen to fit the theory are very important aspects. Also how it ties into spiritual practices I think it’s very likely. It does look very promising imo.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
tryptophan is advised after molly, just like a milkshake. no clue what the 2 have to do with each other, but taken after molly it grounds you and makes you feel 'more body' for lack of other words.

so the purple hues thing might be right. at least it makes sense to me. i remember a disney movie where minions drunk a potion, turned purple and went rogue, got an other potion and lived happily ever after minion style. so there seems to be something to it and it seems to be important enough to put it in a kids cartoon.