• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Peter Carroll - What Has He Been Up To?!

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
So apparently, Carroll has a blog (surprise surprise) and it's got quite a few new notes on his works - and chaos magick in general. Figured there's enough Khaotes that they'll be interested to see what he has to say (even though some of his physics aren't quite all right)

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Also this:

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
Also this:

He's also working on another book that he announced in his blog

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Dang, I've been sleeping on the job... this thread should be really in Book Discussion & Reviews with an 'Author' tag. Well, never mind, it's not really about his books so it should be ok.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I seem to recall that he joined the OBOD - Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids, but for the life of me I don't remember where that "factoid" came from?

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
I seem to recall that he joined the OBOD - Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids, but for the life of me I don't remember where that "factoid" came from?

I want even aware that's a faction. Maybe it's just upg

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I want even aware that's a faction. Maybe it's just upg
Nope, I did read it Somewhere, it's not a faction or UPG, it's a "factoid", a small piece of information, it's out there Somewhere.
I think it qualifies as something he's been Up To.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
Nope, I did read it Somewhere, it's not a faction, it's a "factoid", a small piece of information, it's out there Somewhere.
I think it qualifies as something he's been Up To.

No faction as in "The Faction of OBOD". I thought I was pretty aware of most of the major groups and what they did. This one is new to me.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
No faction as in "The Faction of OBOD". I thought I was pretty aware of most of the major groups and what they did. This one is new to me.
It's one of, if not The foremost Druid "faction" today. It inspired a lot of new growth for that paradigm, a Lot here in America too!
The founder Ross Nichols (I believe), was buddies with Gerald Gardner, that too, I Seem to recall! Unfortunately No UPG though! o_O

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
In Interview with a Wizard, he mentions several times that he sometimes hangs out with local druids, for example: "I do attend a local Druid Grove that takes a very eclectic and a somewhat a-historical approach because we have so little reliable information about what the ancient Druids did." No idea whether he's serious about it though.

Seimulluh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Looks like according to Peter Carroll the "Ice Magic War" was bit different than what @Öwnchef wrote here

Rowena

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
In Interview with a Wizard, he mentions several times that he sometimes hangs out with local druids, for example: "I do attend a local Druid Grove that takes a very eclectic and a somewhat a-historical approach because we have so little reliable information about what the ancient Druids did." No idea whether he's serious about it though.
Well, he lives less than 30 miles from Glastonbury, and that's a part of the country where it's pretty hard to throw a rock without hitting a Druid - so, yeah I'd believe that he hangs out with Druids.

Looks like according to Peter Carroll the "Ice Magic War" was bit different than what @Öwnchef wrote here
It's a bit different to my take as well: The Ice Magick Tantrum (Link)
;)

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
Well, he lives less than 30 miles from Glastonbury, and that's a part of the country where it's pretty hard to throw a rock without hitting a Druid - so, yeah I'd believe that he hangs out with Druids.

It's a bit different to my take as well: The Ice Magick Tantrum (Link)
;)

Frankly, hearing UD's side of the story made me kind of lose a little respect for Carroll, but I mean given the time it's not uncommon for people to freak out like that.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
I mentioned in another thread that I had some email correspondence with him and he turned out to be a bit of an arse :-(

To be fair, anyone who self hosts a "Bachelor in Magic" seems to be a little up their own