• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Plutosophia? Anyone hear of this?

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Youtube is a remarkable thing. I'm sitting here watching a
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
1 and in my "suggestions" is this video posted just 13 days ago called "
". I've worked with Pluto before so of course, I'm intriguied. And lo and behold, it's a "new" order:

Looks like it's really new, but the guy claims to have a Ph.D. I haven't done any research, and just figured I'd drop this here before I forget and get back into my research2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I would be very interested in any novel twists on sigils that you might have. You seem to have a talent for these things.

blepte

Neophyte
Reaction score
As someone who knows next to nothing about Sigil Magick outside of the very basics outlined in Phil Hine’s work (which I found to be pretty boring), I would also love to see your write-up.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
It is a new order but what makes me interested about this Murphey "Dr." is that I couldn't find him anywhere on the Internet.

Except for his two videos, nothing. I think it is con artist at best. At worse it would involve a shady egregore he formed that would drain you of energy.

From the 24th of June till July 18th, he could've posted more about his findings on the Infernal current if he really was interested in doing that.

blepte

Neophyte
Reaction score
It is a new order but what makes me interested about this Murphey "Dr." is that I couldn't find him anywhere on the Internet.

Except for his two videos, nothing. I think it is con artist at best. At worse it would involve a shady egregore he formed that would drain you of energy.

From the 24th of June till July 18th, he could've posted more about his findings on the Infernal current if he really was interested in doing that.
I agree, his whole thing is screaming scam to me.

Xenophon

Magister
Reaction score
Awards
Youtube is a remarkable thing. I'm sitting here watching a
1 and in my "suggestions" is this video posted just 13 days ago called "
". I've worked with Pluto before so of course, I'm intriguied. And lo and behold, it's a "new" order:

Looks like it's really new, but the guy claims to have a Ph.D. I haven't done any research, and just figured I'd drop this here before I forget and get back into my research2.

[1] If I get the time, I might do a review of the four books of occult philosophy, I'm only halfway through the text. Its... A lot
[2] I'm working on the sigil write up, I'm just debate on whether or not to actual describe how to make a regular sigil, or just go into the system itself, as it currently exists.
PhD in what? Something related to what he's claiming expertise in?

Filippo Gesualdo wrote a tome called Plutosophia in 1592. The work deals with mnemonics, though. That could have considerable bearing on sigils, I imagine.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards

Filippo Gesualdo wrote a tome called Plutosophia in 1592. The work deals with mnemonics, though. That could have considerable bearing on sigils, I imagine.

OOOH that sounds like fun!

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards

That is the thing with con artists like the Murphey guy is.

Anyone can claim on the Internet that they have P.h.D even in non-occult subjects, but the hard thing for them is to provide actual and consistent proof of how they got their P.h.D. certification and if they possess the necessary skills associated with the said certification

Xenophon

Magister
Reaction score
Awards
That is the thing with con artists like the Murphey guy is.

Anyone can claim on the Internet that they have P.h.D even in non-occult subjects, but the hard thing for them is to provide actual and consistent proof of how they got their P.h.D. certification and if they possess the necessary skills associated with the said certification
The main thing here I think is whether the PhD is relevant to the occult topic. I had a friend from grad school who used to write articles about the CFS condition she suffered from (it's been renamed) and, being a PhD, sign the articles "Dr. ______ ______." Eventually she was warned off the practice. Same thing here. If Murphey is into anything related to linguistics, information science, logic, math etc., he might be worth a listen. If he has a PhD in marketing or gender studies or U.S. history, I'm thinking he's trying mainly to impress.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
[1] If I get the time, I might do a review of the four books of occult philosophy, I'm only halfway through the text. Its... A lot
[2] I'm working on the sigil write up, I'm just debate on whether or not to actual describe how to make a regular sigil, or just go into the system itself, as it currently exists
Use profile posts for these unrelated updates, do not tag them on to random postings as this is considered off-topic and as you can see in this thread, encourages off-topic replies.

Looks like Edge-Lord crap to me. Writing seems below PHd. level and website looks like it wants to party like it's 1999.
I think the site itself looks like that just because of the platform it’s on (blogspot). But I agree with you and everyone else here, it doesn’t seem to be very reliable or thorough, probably best to look into the topic via more reputable avenues.

That being said, the subject is interesting and id be interested to see what anyone uncovers on this topic.