• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Porcelain hand of Glory?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Hello friends,
I wonder if anyone of you can tell me something about this.
Today in my lunch break I passed by a second hand store and saw this little porcelain hand statuette in the window.
I thought it could be used as a sort of hand of glory if I'd put a candle in it. I bought it and the old lady wrapped it up in bubble plastic.
Walking back to the office I felt something shaking and I thought I had paid 20 euros for broken porcelain, so I unwrapped it. There's a little lump of earth / mud in it.
What do you guys think?
Somebody had the same idea as I did and used this as a "hand of glory" but went a step further and put graveyard dirt in it or what? The hole is the size of a candle, the hand itself is about 10 centimeter ( 4 inches) high.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Reaction score
Awards
Nice!
Anna Riva's Candle Burning Magic has a Page-Chapter on HAND OF GLORY toward the end of the book. I think there was a lot of work someone didn't put into it, but started it at the least.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Nice!
Anna Riva's Candle Burning Magic has a Page-Chapter on HAND OF GLORY toward the end of the book. I think there was a lot of work someone didn't put into it, but started it at the least.
Yes. I think I'll just cleanse it with incense but leave the earth in it.
Will see if it influences (improves)my astral capabilities if i light a candle in it.

annandrola

Neophyte
Reaction score
I believe what you have there is a baguier, probably used in a jewelry store at one time as either a ring sizer or a display item or both. The hole in the palm would have been for storing the sizing rings, and it’s my guess that someone repurposed it as a planter at one time, hence the dirt. It would make a lovely candle holder!