• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Recommendation Practical esoteric/occult books?

Seeking or giving recommendations for books.

dababy10

Neophyte
Reaction score
I've been reading books like Kybbalion and master key system, books that talk about the proper ways of thinking (law of attraction, manifestation, universal mind, law of vibration, etc). I don't really know what this book topic/category is called because I thought it was occult/esoteric but that's a huge category I see now.

Mainly looking for "hidden" knowledge that can be applied practically to day to day life in the occult/esoteric space. Any recommendations?

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Lon Milo DuQuette's, "Low Magick" might fit the bill for you. He's mainly into Goetic lore. He makes it all sound do-able, if not easy. My guess is he's highly talented and might not appreciate how he has a couple of steps (at least) on his readers in terms of natural gifts.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Everything by the Gallery of Magic (Damon Brand, Zanna Blaise, Gordon Winterfield, Adam Blackthorne) and their coattail-riding copycats (e.g. Ben Woodcroft, Corwin Hargrove and Henry Archer). It's basically "If you have this or that problem, call angel X or Y". Then there's chaos-magic style sigil magic (Peter J. Carroll, Frater U.D., etc.) which is all about results, not theory, history or philosophy. Immersing yourself in the noble and pious thoughts of other people when you need to get something fixed by Friday can be frustrating... in emergencies I always turn to chaos sigils, it's the best way to personalize your magic IMO.

clauddy

Neophyte
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The books by Geof-Gray Cobb in general, the GoM ones, the books by Rufus Opus ( Seven Spheres and modern Goetic grimoire).
Also some books by Abbe Julio, totally translated in Italian about talismanic magick and theurgy.