• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Psychedelia section

NorthMage

Neophyte
Reaction score
Men have dogs,, Chicks have daddy issues. Wizards got a bag of that brain freak.

I may be new here, but this all feels incomplete without a section just for Psychedelia. lol.

Honestly i haven't been on a forum since 2010, and it is a breath of fresh air, especially with like minded people. I know none of you, but i sure as fuck know we all like to get shibby now and again. Sharing wisdom on how what and how it can help the shamanic cause is always a valid conversation. Again, i dont know any of you as you dont know me. So lets go old scool for this one and keep it only to storys about some one you know (SWIM)

Last edited by a moderator:

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Someone else that knows what SWIM means! I don't think this forum is in the US, so I'm not sure if we have to worry about that here, but I like to use it still.

SWIM had some amazing experiences with self-extracted DMT (using a seriously nasty tasting Syrian rue extract for the MAOI portion). Essentially it was ayahuasca. At first SWIM drank the extracts as liquid, which was truly the worst taste ever experienced (the Syrian rue specifically). SWIM still gags thinking about it, and it was a very long time ago. SWIM eventually extracted both as crystal (salt, whatever), and stuffed them into gel caps so they could avoid the nasty taste.

The biggest trip was 12+ hours and it was incredible. I'm not really interested in the religious aspect to any of this,but it was truly a spiritual experience.

I have personally not tried mushrooms or acid, yet. Salvia did nothing for me at all. I've tried a bunch of entheogens, but most had little if any effect.

Setting is so important when experimenting with chemicals.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think this forum is in the US
WF is currently hosted in the US, and the server is run by a managed hosting provider, so precautions are definitely warranted, however considering the size of the forum, and it being only personal accounts and no selling/buying (which is definitely against the rules) I would say there isn't much risk involved in talking about your experiences.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
WF is currently hosted in the US, and the server is run by a managed hosting provider, so precautions are definitely warranted, however considering the size of the forum, and it being only personal accounts and no selling/buying (which is definitely against the rules) I would say there isn't much risk involved in talking about your experiences.
Oh whoops. My bad.

NorthMage

Neophyte
Reaction score
Glad to see everyone's on board for this :) ALSO, my thinking was more towards the aspect of using them in practice. In tandem with rituals to add some potency and flair only shamanic substances can provide 🌌🤠

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have had shrooms in the past and had some pretty cool visuals. In ritual i only used mushroom's ugly sister Sclerotia - once.
It was a normal LBRP opening but with all the tools I had at that time. When I sat down behind my altar I saw this bubbling of tiny light specs / bubbles gushing from my chalice. Even though it was empty I still "drank" it. 😅
Mushrooms and Sclerotia for me create these unending streams of thoughts that are impossible to remember even after a second. Like some details from your dreams that are always just out of reach or indescribable.
Salvia I tried once and it did nothing.

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
An altered state of mind is afterall a secret ingredient in all magick.

I had several amazing acid, mushroom and DMT trips that definitely guided me down the path I eventually chose. I have yet to use psychedelics in my practice, but I imagine your powers of visualization will be increased tenfold. It is one of the things I am looking forward to the most for sure.

I also imagine that it would make contact with divine entities so much easier, you can even meet entities before being initiated at all in the occult.