• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Psychological Model is Correct, Technically

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
A friend of mine exhibited signs of depression and psychosis, so was on an antipsychotic (same as me) and an antidepressant (different than mine). I am on the occult, he is not. However, a different doctor re-diagnosed him with severe depression and took him off the antipsychotic, which ended the tremors I experience. It makes me wonder...

whatever0935

Neophyte
Reaction score
All models are necessary. Magick can be understood as a psychological model, a spiritual model, or an informational model, among others. I don't care much about the specific categorization; what matters to me is that they work for me.

Magick is a mystery, which is why it falls into the category of the occult.

I think that's partially true( psychological model,) , but not entirely
Post automatically merged:

i think it is very weird, I find it quite peculiar that despite my involvement in magic, casting spells, I have never witnessed a clear sign of supernatural beings. However, approximately 80% of my requests have been fulfilled

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
the only reason i can agree with the psychological model is due to the fact that my psyciatrists all said and i qoute: " we dont know what you got, but we understand its not normal. we can give you haldol, but you just have to learn to live with it."

i researched the meaning of my diagnose in the dsm and did research in the occult area. some things are not the same and should not be treated as if. i also found that certain things are played out in the world because medicine men want money. the little ones and the big ones. so not just only are you not sick, due to that knowledge you are now labeled as crazy and you are legible for medicine so have some haldol its good for you.
Fuck Haldol! The people that subscribe you with m that stuff are so indoctrinated, to think that nothing else exist outside their bubble.

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
A friend of mine exhibited signs of depression and psychosis, so was on an antipsychotic (same as me) and an antidepressant (different than mine). I am on the occult, he is not. However, a different doctor re-diagnosed him with severe depression and took him off the antipsychotic, which ended the tremors I experience. It makes me wonder...
Working on your mental health is always a good thing. I know I don't have the most stable mentality, but my mental health is a lot better after I started delving into my own mind and working through my issues.

The hardest part is digging up the emotions of past traumas to work through them. It's not easy to fully accept and let go of some things, but it's necessary to truly heal some scars. It's best to work on having a stable baseline of thought that you can rely on to not lose yourself in the heightened state of emotion before you start doing such things though. Being able to ground and center yourself in an instant is a good thing to practice before you start.

When I stopped taking medication for my adhd and stuff, I started working on my mental state. I started with simple empty-mind meditation and developed the stability of thought that I needed to be able to function without needing medication. I'm not saying it's bad to take medication, just that sometimes good mental practices can be just as effective.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
All models are necessary. Magick can be understood as a psychological model, a spiritual model, or an informational model, among others. I don't care much about the specific categorization; what matters to me is that they work for me.
My view is that magic requires a belief system to function, but it is immaterial what that belief system is. You just have to believe in it.