• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Question from newbie on WF

shed00im

Visitor
Reaction score
Hello wf, so i am new here and i was interested in knowing how far ppl here get in terms of magic and sorcery.I touch different systems and experience waking altered states of consciousness without drugs involved that represent bliss and being projected outside of the body while awake with also knowing things and reading energy. So i am not going to go too far into what i actually do but i craft my own practices adjusting things to fit.

lately i really like the books by asha shedim which clarifies many aspects i had found in the satanic temple of the black light and other sources that cite gnosis. Although i do not stick to one system i definitely understand how their is an important element to every place teaching magic and things pertinent to seeing the other side outside the jewish lore

I use to cook up dmt to further explore the occult and i can relate to what is true and what is not true so I am really curious to know How far people got here in this forum in their magical abilities.

To be specific are there people here manifest objects (instantly) cutting past drawing events to align energies to get a grant? Can anyone see to the future? and about lucid or wake dreaming as alternate perception, vivid perception etc.

what do people here practice
And how often
Please share, thank you

thehornedone

Neophyte
Reaction score
It's a shame but you will never be Dumbledore, it just doesn't work that way. On the flip side, the occult is a rabbit hole and I suspect that at some level of adeptness your abilities are strong enough that you.know better than to let anyone know of them.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Hello wf, so i am new here and i was interested in knowing how far ppl here get in terms of magic and sorcery.I touch different systems and experience waking altered states of consciousness without drugs involved that represent bliss and being projected outside of the body while awake with also knowing things and reading energy. So i am not going to go too far into what i actually do but i craft my own practices adjusting things to fit.

lately i really like the books by asha shedim which clarifies many aspects i had found in the satanic temple of the black light and other sources that cite gnosis. Although i do not stick to one system i definitely understand how their is an important element to every place teaching magic and things pertinent to seeing the other side outside the jewish lore

I use to cook up dmt to further explore the occult and i can relate to what is true and what is not true so I am really curious to know How far people got here in this forum in their magical abilities.

To be specific are there people here manifest objects (instantly) cutting past drawing events to align energies to get a grant? Can anyone see to the future? and about lucid or wake dreaming as alternate perception, vivid perception etc.

And how often
Please share, thank you
How often? Daily, morning and evening for some (mostly simple) ritual work. Noontime as well for energy work.

What? That's not really important, given your query. What I suggest is you find some one system or tradition and devote yourself to that. Settling on one might take a while, but a person gets nowhere if s/he is always making new beginnings. Eclecticism can work if one has a strong trunk to graft onto.

Results? Be prepared for surprises. I am a rather aggressive LHP lout. (Though I would find it ignoble to snipe at individuals I loathe.) Oddly, my best successes have come in workings to help others' health. Moral of story: your talents may manifest in unexpected directions.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
how far ppl here get in terms of magic and sorcery
People get as far as they can and want, it all depends on how much work and time they put into it.Same with anything else, to be honest.

We have both "purists(practice only one system)" and "hybrids(mix different systems or even make their own)" here, so you can bet that there is a good variety of practices here.

Rowena

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
...how often...
Many times a day.
I've always tried to integrate my practice into my daily life, so examples would include:
Grounding, Cleansing & Meditating every day.
Blessings on all food & drink I make for myself or others.
Various magics to help out at work.
Weather & other magics to make being out & about easier.

shed00im

Visitor
Reaction score
It's a shame but you will never be Dumbledore, it just doesn't work that way. On the flip side, the occult is a rabbit hole and I suspect that at some level of adeptness your abilities are strong enough that you.know better than to let anyone know of them.

Intuitively yes. It is taboo at our current time and most of these things are natural for most people if all the filth is cleared.
Post automatically merged:

How often? Daily, morning and evening for some (mostly simple) ritual work. Noontime as well for energy work.

What? That's not really important, given your query. What I suggest is you find some one system or tradition and devote yourself to that. Settling on one might take a while, but a person gets nowhere if s/he is always making new beginnings. Eclecticism can work if one has a strong trunk to graft onto.

Results? Be prepared for surprises. I am a rather aggressive LHP lout. (Though I would find it ignoble to snipe at individuals I loathe.) Oddly, my best successes have come in workings to help others' health. Moral of story: your talents may manifest in unexpected directions.
not very often. you are right i was once with one system for two years and got no where because the people there sucked, and tried another one and accelerated in 2 1/2 months. And i really liked the people there, i guess some people think they maybe helping when they are NOT and it’s just the ego

Know yourself first, meditation, energy manipulation within your body and then pick a discipline and stick to it. 👍
I like people more, it gets boring

Many times a day.
I've always tried to integrate my practice into my daily life, so examples would include:
That’s incredible

Last edited:

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Many times a day.
I concur, Grounding and Meditating daily, blessing or thanking the animal/plant for its sacrifice/blessing your food.
I’d Also include using any spiritual aspects to help guide your thoughts. Analysing yourself to get to know yourself and Thanking any Entity that is there looking out for you. (Some thank their patron deity, HGA, Christ, god, their inner self or Nature herself - Whatever floats the practitioners boat so to speak.)
Thanks for including your list, when habits become routines it’s easy to forget to mention them imo.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello wf, so i am new here and i was interested in knowing how far ppl here get in terms of magic and sorcery.

And how often
Please share, thank you
I try and be as sparing as possible with magick, although I have various long term workings that I am trying not to think about :D

I like to save it for when I really need it.

Instant things are things like children crying, getting random people to stop talking or leave the area.

I've never had any useful precognition, but then I strongly suspect most precognition is actually a form of enchantment.

I'm rubbish at lucid dreaming, it's only happened a few times. I can induce a low level alternate state of consciousness at will, and tend to use that in on the fly magical workings.

Almost everything I do is self-created.