• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Question on Waking and Blessing Herbs in Hoodoo

Reaction score
Awards
Is it absolutely necessary to use whiskey, and can a torn white tshirt (that is clean) be used in place of a hankie?
Why does this process need to take place? FYI Im working out of Hoodoo Herbal by Starr Casa.
Post automatically merged:

I suppose that as this is the United States, perhaps the vapor of the alcohol is not only an offering, but a possible base of manifestation through a hot or fiery substance, its stated in the book its like coffee for most os us, the herbs and spices need whiskey to get going, wrapped up tight in a white hankie tied in three knots and surrounded by five white tea lights, and a blessing be prayed over the herbs.

I suppose that a clean white tshirt cut in squares is possible preferable to strips, the square being symbolic, as is a triangle fold and number of knots and candles.

My current understanding of the topic.

Last edited: