• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

RECIPE: LEMBAS BREAD Waybread of the Eldar!

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
For Tolkien Fans of All descriptions allow me to point out a recipe for Lembas Bread you can take to the Sabbat, the Esbat, the
Picnic, or Anywhere else you can think of, or... as my Wife is so fond of saying: "Would you like a Hacker Snack?"

Here is the URL for the entire Article and Recipe, It's well worth checking out, because it's fun and tasty too! This Lady doesn't
skimp on Accuracy or Details either! I hope you enjoy this as much as we do! And, the Autumnal Baking Season will be here in
no time, so ... Grab those Ingredients!

Best Lembas Bread (Waybread of the Eldar) you will ever find, IMO!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

or... HERE!

There are photos included in her article, she's one extremely Cool Lady Baker! 🤘
Post automatically merged:

For Tolkien Fans of All descriptions allow me to point out a recipe for Lembas Bread you can take to the Sabbat, the Esbat, the
Picnic, or Anywhere else you can think of, or... as my Wife is so fond of saying: "Would you like a Hacker Snack?"

Here is the URL for the entire Article and Recipe, It's well worth checking out, because it's fun and tasty too! This Lady doesn't
skimp on Accuracy or Details either! I hope you enjoy this as much as we do! And, the Autumnal Baking Season will be here in
no time, so ... Grab those Ingredients!

Best Lembas Bread (Waybread of the Eldar) you will ever find, IMO!

or... HERE!

There are photos included in her article, she's one extremely Cool Lady Baker! 🤘
@Pyrokar,

Thanks for helping the "reaction score" ! Compared to some of y'all brothers and sisters here it's so... Puny! :(
Seriously though, IF you eat these, your life will never be the Same! :cool:

Last edited:

Rowena

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
You can just buy them as well, sort of:

DX2400F-3.png

They look like damp chipboard, and taste like greasy cardboard, but provide for all of your nutritional needs, except water.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
You can just buy them as well, sort of:

DX2400F-3.png

They look like damp chipboard, and taste like greasy cardboard, but provide for all of your nutritional needs, except water.
I Bet the ones from the link in my post Taste Better! :cool: Of course you have to Make those, like most things in Magic you Get out what you Put In, yeah it's a little bit of work, many young folks only know how to boil water, or put something in the Microwave, too bad, so Sad! :rolleyes:

Go ahead give it a Go! Roll up your sleeves, put the Whole spice rack in there, You just might like'em? :ROFLMAO:

I Bet the ones from the link in my post Taste Better! :cool: Of course you have to Make those, like most things in Magic you Get out what you Put In, yeah it's a little bit of work, many young folks only know how to boil water, or put something in the Microwave, too bad, so Sad! :rolleyes:

Go ahead give it a Go! Roll up your sleeves, put the Whole spice rack in there, You just might like'em? :ROFLMAO:
@Rowena,
Have you Read Any Tolkien, maybe seen a few movies?

@Rowena,
I forgot to add that's a really cool Hat you've got there! :cool:

Last edited:

Rowena

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I have yes - The Hobbit, LOTR, The Silmarillion, The Lost & Unfinished Tales, and several of his academic works - like Finn & Hengist.

And yes you are correct - if you're baking your own energy-bars/survival rations/lembas bread you can indeed 'put the whole spice rack' into them.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
During the extended COVIDrama, a neighbor bought a bunch of that online, fearing a famine. After trying it, they evidently preferred hunger and gifted it to the uncouth foreign-devil who eats anything (your humble narrator.) I hadn't eaten any such thing in some good many years and forgot the normal precautions. For some days thereafter, and with considerable difficulty, I produced a series of particle-board ping-pong balls. A "gift," I said? "Vergiftet" indeed. Let he who hath ears hearken.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
During the extended COVIDrama, a neighbor bought a bunch of that online, fearing a famine. After trying it, they evidently preferred hunger and gifted it to the uncouth foreign-devil who eats anything (your humble narrator.) I hadn't eaten any such thing in some good many years and forgot the normal precautions. For some days thereafter, and with considerable difficulty, I produced a series of particle-board ping-pong balls. A "gift," I said? "Vergiftet" indeed. Let he who hath ears hearken.
Truly, I'd rather eat Lembas, for one thing Yavanna, a Vala, gifted them, and ya know, goddess magic/k ain't all bad! And, secondly I thought the lady's article et al, was just too cool Not to Share! At least I was Impressed. I was in the military so I'm not all that impressed with that ration shit! Sure they're both "survival" rations, but at least Tolkien tried to make'em Taste Good! He was in the military too, Who Knew, He Knew! :cool:

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Truly, I'd rather eat Lembas, for one thing Yavanna, a Vala, gifted them, and ya know, goddess magic/k ain't all bad! And, secondly I thought the lady's article et al, was just too cool Not to Share! At least I was Impressed. I was in the military so I'm not all that impressed with that ration shit! Sure they're both "survival" rations, but at least Tolkien tried to make'em Taste Good! He was in the military too, Who Knew, He Knew! :cool:
I wasn't complaining about the food per se. The source of trouble was actually my greed-pig persona scarfing more than was wise. And, to be fair, the Chinese version that I ate actually tasted OK, though I did add a smear of honey & cinnamon on top. Heck, reading this I was asking my wife where we stashed the remainder of our trove. Yeah, Tolstoi was in the s*** at a particularly s*y time, with s-storms raging like Ragnarork with rabies. Like they say, "If you get nothing else out of a bad time, at least get a good meal."

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I wasn't complaining about the food per se. The source of trouble was actually my greed-pig persona scarfing more than was wise. And, to be fair, the Chinese version that I ate actually tasted OK, though I did add a smear of honey & cinnamon on top. Heck, reading this I was asking my wife where we stashed the remainder of our trove. Yeah, Tolstoi was in the s*** at a particularly s*y time, with s-storms raging like Ragnarork with rabies. Like they say, "If you get nothing else out of a bad time, at least get a good meal."
It was kind of like a light going on above your head to add a smear of honey and cinnamon, you did good!

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
It was kind of like a light going on above your head to add a smear of honey and cinnamon, you did good!
Actually, if one had plenty of iced tea on hand, anchovies & lembas might not be bad. Maybe a dash of Tabasco to frame the fishy taste