• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Riccardo Villanova MRA

Someone's asking for help!

DaveH

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Anybody worked with Ricardo Villanova's MRA books or seminars? Please let me know your impressions. Most of his stuff is completely unique and almost never talked about in occult circles to my knowledge.

jiriarte1982

Visitor
Reaction score
This is an older comment, but I was wondering if you have ever delved deeper into his work.

I have used the techniques in some of his videos that are available on Vimeo, in addition to his books.l, such as the Art or Magic and the 22 Ammonian Keys, and I will say, after being someone who dabbled in several different forms of magic, including Golden Dawn style, the results I have gotten from his methods are superior.

His approach is completely different, and a lot of what he speaks about resonates pretty deeply with me personally. He describes his magic as being defensive, and specifically aimed at detaching yourself from the many forms of control, in this world and beyond, to arrive at individual freedom. I would still call it High Magic, but it is like nothing I have ever read or experienced.

DaveH

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you so much for your sharing your experiences with his teachings. I find it crazy he is still relatively unknown and doesn't have more of a following. He's very genuine and warm. A lot of his material is unique but very accessible. I also feel his methods are superior and wide ranging as well. I have all of his English books and several of his seminars from Vimeo. He actually taught himself English to help reach a wider audience. The Art of Magic and 22 Keys are a great way to establish a solid foundation in Magic. I am fortunate to have found him early in my Magical path. Anyone reading this I can't stress enough to take the time to at least look into his Ammonian Sciences as he calls it. I can almost guarantee you won't be disappointed and will find something that you can use. Take care!

jiriarte1982

Visitor
Reaction score
So have a very similar experience as yours. I was basically so blown away I went out and bought all of his books in English. My fiancée and I have followed his cleanses in Alchemical Nights and will be doing the Gall Bladder cleanse here shortly as she has been having some trouble with hers.

Have you followed any of the Lunar School teachings? I think that is where I really changed my mind on other teachings, such as the Golden Dawn.

He is the most genuine teacher I have come across and really has no ego in the game. I can not say I have had the same experience with the Golden Dawn or “Thelemic” teachers, who reeked of ego. I did not find him early but I still consider myself fortunate to find his teachings at all, as I have been a seeker on this path for a long time.