- Joined
- Aug 27, 2026
- Messages
- 45
- Reaction score
- 52
This is my personal experience so take what I say here with a grain of salt, obviously. I think that some of you will be able to relate however. I'd like to talk about doing rituals or other stuff in the weird half-trance right before falling asleep.
I noticed falling into this trance while practicing body scanning meditation lying down. At a certain point, my concentration simply drops and I find myself in a half-asleep state, like during hypnosis. Characteristic of this state is a complete inability to remember anything of it, coupled with a strong clarity while it is actually present. You can simply move in or out of it but reflecting upon it is very difficult.
I've trained myself to return to control once I've found myself drifting off, which also allows me to reflect upon this state afterwards. Maintaining such control is much harder than achieving it though, and slipping from full concentration for even just a moment means losing it and drifting off again.
What I have found is that in such a state, rituals are far, far more powerful than when done normally. Once, I managed to perform the Qabalistic Cross while in this state and felt an almost explosive cleansing. This was how it was supposed to actually feel when it is done perfectly. I have also moved Yang down and connected it to Yin once below the navel, resulting in a physical, full-body electric shock. I have managed to get to about half of the LBRP in this state before drifting off, due to the intense level of concentration required.
My theory is that this is a type of astral projection, enabled through immobilizing the body and entering a hypnagogic trance. Practicing the movements physically prepares one to do them in this manner, when they are far more difficult and effective. Personally though, I call it the etheric body, due to the direct connection with the physical. The yin/yang connection caused an actual electric shock and the QC affected me viscerally on a very physical level, cleansing me from within. It is interesting that both of them resulted in an 'explosive' sensation, albeit in a slightly different manner.
Here are my thoughts on why this is so: One can send movement signals to one's limbs which they are not required to physically perform (you can intend to move your finger but not move it). When the body is immobilized, the nerves are thus 'blocked' but able to be stimulated. At a sufficient level of relaxation, the nerves get unblocked and the signals confer movement upon a body that is not physical. As an example, try to move your finger but leave it there. There is a blockade due to the requirement of cooperation with your muscles. The etheric body is when this movement is free of physical restraint. You are still operating within your nervous system, so this movement is just as real as the one that requires muscular contraction. Touching with this body is exactly the same as touching with the physical one and it causes physical reactions in your physical body. Because of this link, I call it the etheric. Feel free to call me out on this if it is wrong and should be called astral instead.
Now ideally, one would want to synchronize those movements in the etheric/astral/whatever layer and the physical one, which would be much harder, because normally remaining in this kind of trance requires the body to be immobilized.
With those considerations in mind, I think it might be very beneficial to practice rituals mentally as well as physically in a systematic manner. Sometimes people do rituals mentally as a sort of short-cut, because it's easier to just do the LBRP in bed. In this case, you would want to be doing the QC physically in the morning and mentally in the evening, for example. The QC is short and simple enough in its movements that it should be a good ritual for practising, like training wheels.
The synchronisation method I am currently trying is a delay that favours the etheric. This means doing the movement in your astral body first and then following it with your physical one. Like h -> ah-ta -> break for synchronisation -> mal -> mal-kuth -> repeat. This is because when done completely synchronously, the physical sensation overshadow the etheric ones. It is better to have the physical body be 'pulled' by the etheric one than to 'push' it and follow up with the etheric. I suppose that in a trance state this would be like controlled sleepwalking.
Obviously this requires one to be able to move in the etheric body at the same time as in the physical one, which is rather difficult. I'm still figuring out a way to do this but I'm considering doing the QC for reps just to practice the movement, instead of just twice a day. Like 3 times in a row, so I can get more practice in. I suppose stuff like Qi Gong would be good to train for this. I need to find the very simplest exercise to move the etheric body at the same time as the physical one. For now, just 'pulling' is ok but I'm convinced that any ritual can be made to become unbelievably powerful by achieving full synchronisation. I'm talking the-entire-room-filling-up-with-light kind of power.
What are your thoughts? Do you know of any practices that can help with achieving such a synchronization? Body-scanning meditation is obviously a must, as it greatly increases awareness of the body without moving it. Probably I'd have to figure out a way to do body-scanning while moving, maybe walking meditation. Practicing Butoh dance movements (like the ash walk) would also be useful, since they are extremely minimal.
I noticed falling into this trance while practicing body scanning meditation lying down. At a certain point, my concentration simply drops and I find myself in a half-asleep state, like during hypnosis. Characteristic of this state is a complete inability to remember anything of it, coupled with a strong clarity while it is actually present. You can simply move in or out of it but reflecting upon it is very difficult.
I've trained myself to return to control once I've found myself drifting off, which also allows me to reflect upon this state afterwards. Maintaining such control is much harder than achieving it though, and slipping from full concentration for even just a moment means losing it and drifting off again.
What I have found is that in such a state, rituals are far, far more powerful than when done normally. Once, I managed to perform the Qabalistic Cross while in this state and felt an almost explosive cleansing. This was how it was supposed to actually feel when it is done perfectly. I have also moved Yang down and connected it to Yin once below the navel, resulting in a physical, full-body electric shock. I have managed to get to about half of the LBRP in this state before drifting off, due to the intense level of concentration required.
My theory is that this is a type of astral projection, enabled through immobilizing the body and entering a hypnagogic trance. Practicing the movements physically prepares one to do them in this manner, when they are far more difficult and effective. Personally though, I call it the etheric body, due to the direct connection with the physical. The yin/yang connection caused an actual electric shock and the QC affected me viscerally on a very physical level, cleansing me from within. It is interesting that both of them resulted in an 'explosive' sensation, albeit in a slightly different manner.
Here are my thoughts on why this is so: One can send movement signals to one's limbs which they are not required to physically perform (you can intend to move your finger but not move it). When the body is immobilized, the nerves are thus 'blocked' but able to be stimulated. At a sufficient level of relaxation, the nerves get unblocked and the signals confer movement upon a body that is not physical. As an example, try to move your finger but leave it there. There is a blockade due to the requirement of cooperation with your muscles. The etheric body is when this movement is free of physical restraint. You are still operating within your nervous system, so this movement is just as real as the one that requires muscular contraction. Touching with this body is exactly the same as touching with the physical one and it causes physical reactions in your physical body. Because of this link, I call it the etheric. Feel free to call me out on this if it is wrong and should be called astral instead.
Now ideally, one would want to synchronize those movements in the etheric/astral/whatever layer and the physical one, which would be much harder, because normally remaining in this kind of trance requires the body to be immobilized.
With those considerations in mind, I think it might be very beneficial to practice rituals mentally as well as physically in a systematic manner. Sometimes people do rituals mentally as a sort of short-cut, because it's easier to just do the LBRP in bed. In this case, you would want to be doing the QC physically in the morning and mentally in the evening, for example. The QC is short and simple enough in its movements that it should be a good ritual for practising, like training wheels.
The synchronisation method I am currently trying is a delay that favours the etheric. This means doing the movement in your astral body first and then following it with your physical one. Like h -> ah-ta -> break for synchronisation -> mal -> mal-kuth -> repeat. This is because when done completely synchronously, the physical sensation overshadow the etheric ones. It is better to have the physical body be 'pulled' by the etheric one than to 'push' it and follow up with the etheric. I suppose that in a trance state this would be like controlled sleepwalking.
Obviously this requires one to be able to move in the etheric body at the same time as in the physical one, which is rather difficult. I'm still figuring out a way to do this but I'm considering doing the QC for reps just to practice the movement, instead of just twice a day. Like 3 times in a row, so I can get more practice in. I suppose stuff like Qi Gong would be good to train for this. I need to find the very simplest exercise to move the etheric body at the same time as the physical one. For now, just 'pulling' is ok but I'm convinced that any ritual can be made to become unbelievably powerful by achieving full synchronisation. I'm talking the-entire-room-filling-up-with-light kind of power.
What are your thoughts? Do you know of any practices that can help with achieving such a synchronization? Body-scanning meditation is obviously a must, as it greatly increases awareness of the body without moving it. Probably I'd have to figure out a way to do body-scanning while moving, maybe walking meditation. Practicing Butoh dance movements (like the ash walk) would also be useful, since they are extremely minimal.