• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Rod questions

Reaction score
What's up guys. Recently I've been playing with rods alot. I use rods everywhere, at home, outside, in the park. Any chance I get I whip out my rod. I really like rods, but unfortunately all these daily exercises have taken a toll on my favorite rod and it's starting to warp. I was thinking of just cutting out a chunk along the bottom and putting in some metal bar or treated hardwood to act as a stabilizer.

I'm planning on making more, each with different associations, so I'm curious, how do you guys go about making your rods? How do you maintain your rods?

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have always found wands silly, as they are a substitute for the penis (and I have one of those) but I have nevertheless made several over the years. Just didn't actually use them for anything.
Now, for the Grand Grimoire I made a version of the Blasting Rod, which obviously does get used as that is the weapon / tool for that Grimoire.

The way I made it:
First I braided copper wire from a thick stripped cable. This was the core for an earlier wand made simply from bamboo.
I glued some crushed crystals along the length. This was the first version of this wand.
Later I took an oak plank, sawed it in two and placed the braid in the groove on the back of the plank. The two pieces lined up made a nice central tunnel this way.
Then used a lathe and chisel to shape it and coated it with Abramelin oil. Second version.
Now for the third and final version I attached a bloodstone cabochon at the top (handle) and a large iron U with sharpened points that I magnetized at the other hand. Gave it a thorough consecration and it is my Blasting Rod.

Fun fact: the day after the first time I really used (instead of just holding it in my hand feeling wizardy) I picked one card from the Tarot of the Golden Serpent and it was the 8 of Wands. The way the Monk on the right is using his staff was just like how I did, and his staff looks exactly like mine.

So: if you have one that you really like and that means more to you than a stick then definitely repair / improve that one 👍

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I've carved a number of rods with runes, snakes, befitting birds. But I haven't actually found I needed them for working. I got started when a neighbor's obnoxious boxer dog in Tennessee would not let me go to my domicile. Holding out a white oak staff I picked up cowed the canine. But that wasn't magick, just dog's instincts about where a beating might come from. Since this was a daily rite, me and the dog, I took to carving the staff. Magick came later.