• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book – PDF Ronald Hutton - The Witch

Share a PDF of a book.

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
witch-ronald-hutton-9780300229042.jpg

Amazon Description:
The witch came to prominence―and often a painful death―in early modern Europe, yet her origins are much more geographically diverse and historically deep. In this landmark book, Ronald Hutton traces witchcraft from the ancient world to the early-modern stake.
This book sets the notorious European witch trials in the widest and deepest possible perspective and traces the major historiographical developments of witchcraft. Hutton, a renowned expert on ancient, medieval, and modern paganism and witchcraft beliefs, combines Anglo-American and continental scholarly approaches to examine attitudes on witchcraft and the treatment of suspected witches across the world, including in Africa, the Middle East, South Asia, Australia, and North and South America, and from ancient pagan times to current interpretations. His fresh anthropological and ethnographical approach focuses on cultural inheritance and change while considering shamanism, folk religion, the range of witch trials, and how the fear of witchcraft might be eradicated.

epub version:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

pdf version [OEF]:

Last edited by a moderator:

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Two different versions of the same book isn't exactly a collection - did you accidentally use the wrong tag for this post?

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
It's the tag I usually use for more than one book - it's the only tag for multiple book types, according to the the drop-down tips - all the others are for single books.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
It's the tag I usually use for more than one book - it's the only tag for multiple book types, according to the the drop-down tips - all the others are for single books.
We typically use the "Collection" tag for links to a mega folder containing several books by a single author or on a single topic so I'd say the "Collection" tag is misleading here. Members don't like the epub very much, most of them don't have a reader for that format; on the other hand, online converters sometimes distort the formatting when turning epubs into pdf files.

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
We typically use the "Collection" tag for links to a mega folder containing several books by a single author or on a single topic...
Ok - then which am I supposed to use when I'm uploading multiple versions of the same book in different formats? because I've got some things to share in multiple formats that don't include pdf, and some in multiple 'other' formats that aren't listed at all.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Ok - then which am I supposed to use when I'm uploading multiple versions of the same book in different formats? because I've got some things to share in multiple formats that don't include pdf, and some in multiple 'other' formats that aren't listed at all.
I generally convert any non-pdf files online, otherwise people complain. You could use "Book - Other" in the tags but be prepared to get requests for pdfs nevertheless. I've toggled the tag of your post to "PDF" now, it's simply too confusing when "Collection" posts only contain links to a single book while members expect several.

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Ok., so 'pdf' if it includes a pdf, and 'other' for everything else.
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE:
I've added the Audiobook:

Last edited: