• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Salads to Slay For

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Last week was sandwiches. It's still summer: cold food time. What salads do it for you?

Me: lettuce, tomato, feta cheese, black olives, tuna fish dressed in tarragon vinegar and olive oil. Sliced garlic, maybe.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I use to eat salads all the time when I was pretty into lifting weights.

One of my favorites was Romaine Lettuce with Crumbled Feta, Grated Parm, Black Beans, Diced Ham that I would cook in a separate skillet to caramelize it a little ( I think that's the term...basically I mean I made it sizzle to give some char to it) and then and 1-2 Cans of Chicken (Small cans like Tuna Cans but Chicken because I don't like Tuna) and then just a little bit of either Caesar or Ranch dressing.

I'm no cook/chef by any means but it was pretty good.

Edit: Oh and I'd also add some Croutons sometimes for texture.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I use to eat salads all the time when I was pretty into lifting weights.

One of my favorites was Romaine Lettuce with Crumbled Feta, Grated Parm, Black Beans, Diced Ham that I would cook in a separate skillet to caramelize it a little ( I think that's the term...basically I mean I made it sizzle to give some char to it) and then and 1-2 Cans of Chicken (Small cans like Tuna Cans but Chicken because I don't like Tuna) and then just a little bit of either Caesar or Ranch dressing.

I'm no cook/chef by any means but it was pretty good.

Edit: Oh and I'd also add some Croutons sometimes for texture.
I heard about a guy who tried to send a salad back because of croutons. He claimed, "This damned cheese is stale and hard!" Story online claimed to be true.