• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Scanning "Enochian Physics" by Gerald J. Schueler

MofoMojo

Neophyte
Reaction score
I wasn't exactly sure which flare to use for this. It's not a request, and it's not a completed book yet so I didn't put in the request or share forums. I'm currently scanning my personal copy of Enochian Physics that I've had since 89. The book is/was in pristine condition however it's 30+ years old and just opening it, some of the glue in the binding is causing pages to separate out so I want to preserve this. Of Schuelers work, this is one of the ones that I own that I cannot find a digital copy of so I'm doing the work.

I am curious if there are recommendations on software. I am currently using CamScanner and an Android Phone to do the scanning. It seems to do an admirable job. I'm not sure how the OCR component works but it "takes credits" of which I guess I get 1000 a month. I'm unclear on how many credits it would consume to do the 40ish pages so I think I'll do the OCR after the scan is complete.

Does anyone have any preference on software that they utilize for scanning and doing OCR? If there's better software I'm willing to entertain it. Attaching a link to the current quality of scan I am getting using CamScanner and an android phone. Since this isn't the entire book, I haven't gone through the process of setting up a mega account.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Thank you,
MM

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
First of all, mega.nz is the only approved filehoster in this forum, so please upload any books you may have there in the future, no exceptions. Second, you're right, the book doesn't seem to be shared by anyone in digitised form, I tried all the usual booksharing sites. Third, what you're really asking for is tech support since one book chapter alone doesn't help anyone to understand this Enochian physics, so it's more a sample of what you have achieved so far with the means at your disposal, which is why I moved your thread here. I'm sorry I can't help you there myself, I just know how to use my old HP flatbed scanner, no idea how it's done with phones.

MofoMojo

Neophyte
Reaction score
No worries and appreciate the move. I'm not sure I'm looking for tech support, just opinions, but yeah it doesn't really have a place in book discussion so this sounds like a good landing area. The Cam Scanner seems pretty decent the more I use it so I've gone ahead and paid for the year. Now, I Just need to get into a rhythm. I'm thinking a section every night or two and I should be done in 2 weeks. Yeah, I'll use mega for the full book upload. Apologies, it wasn't intended to discuss the book, just provide a quick link to the quality. When the book is finished I'll definitely be uploading to mega. Thanks!

-MM

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I just know how to use my old HP flatbed scanner, no idea how it's done with phones.
You use an app and just take a photo.
The app allows you to edit the photo and will automatically "correct" it's quality to turn it into a decent "scan".

MofoMojo

Neophyte
Reaction score
Coming along well. I've got the first 3 sections, 112 pages, completed. I'm really itching to test out the OCR but will wait until the scan is fully complete.

-MM