• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Schizophrenia vs Actual spiritual experiences

Shaman

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
How can one know if you are going through clairaudience/clairvoyance and it's just not schizophrenic voices/visions? Not trying to insult nor anything but just saying the things in the occult sound very much schizophrenic.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
As someone with psychotic features who has spiritual experiences where things feel real.

It's often hard to tell, if you're asking this question, you have to acknowledge that you have to ignore a lot of experiences until you know for sure, often via physical signs. Often they can tie into each other.

Confirm via divination, question that divination, learn to set things aside, and wait for a sign.

Shaman

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
As someone with psychotic features who has spiritual experiences where things feel real.

It's often hard to tell, if you're asking this question, you have to acknowledge that you have to ignore a lot of experiences until you know for sure, often via physical signs. Often they can tie into each other.

Confirm via divination, question that divination, learn to set things aside, and wait for a sign.
Yea it's really weird and confusing. Sometimes I believe schizophrenia is a spiritual awakening, it sounds so occult-ish... Like thought broadcasting how is that not occult sounding?

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Psychosis can be associated with a spiritual awakening. I don't usually have hallucinations but I have very vivid delusions and they are because of my mind takes all these little pieces of information and tries to make sense of it, when sometimes you just need to acknowledge you don't have all the pieces.

The only hallunication I've had was I asked Archangel Michael if I was on the right path with working with Lucifer, I heard a high pitched whistling sound, I mentioned it on discord and someone was like "Hey, that's my phone, how did you hear it. Apparently, their phone went off at the same time. I don't generally have clairaudience/clairvoyance. I'm intuition/energy/feelings type of channeler with vivid delusions so I have to doubt a lot and get better at doubting my own insights. I think I heard a sound when falling asleep after working with Samael also.

I can say from experience that delusions do feel 100% real, but after questioning them you start to realize how they are delusions.
Post automatically merged:

I guess I can bring up what my therapist recommended for me, are the hallucinations leading you to positive places, if not, then don't dwell on them and dismiss them? Why go down a rabbit hole that isn't helping you spiritually?

Last edited:

Shaman

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Psychosis can be associated with a spiritual awakening. I don't usually have hallucinations but I have very vivid delusions and they are because of my mind takes all these little pieces of information and tries to make sense of it, when sometimes you just need to acknowledge you don't have all the pieces.

The only hallunication I've had was I asked Archangel Michael if I was on the right path with working with Lucifer, I heard a high pitched whistling sound, I mentioned it on discord and someone was like "Hey, that's my phone, how did you hear it. Apparently, their phone went off at the same time. I don't generally have clairaudience/clairvoyance. I'm intuition/energy/feelings type of channeler with vivid delusions so I have to doubt a lot and get better at doubting my own insights. I think I heard a sound when falling asleep after working with Samael also.

I can say from experience that delusions do feel 100% real, but after questioning them you start to realize how they are delusions.

I guess I can bring up what my therapist recommended for me, are the hallucinations leading you to positive places, if not, then don't dwell on them and dismiss them? Why go down a rabbit hole that isn't helping you spiritually?
I also believe my paranoid schizophrenia is a kundalini awakening. I don't have hallucinations of any kind either and no negative symptoms, just some paranoia from time to time. I believe people are reading my mind and my communication with spirits don't help either. I am currently working to get my diagnosis off, it really does not resonate with me.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I also believe my paranoid schizophrenia is a kundalini awakening. I don't have hallucinations of any kind either and no negative symptoms, just some paranoia from time to time. I believe people are reading my mind and my communication with spirits don't help either. I am currently working to get my diagnosis off, it really does not resonate with me.
My diagnosis is PTSD with Psychotic features, it does kind of resonate with me because I was kind of shocked into a kundalini awakening by trauma. I'm very self-aware and can usually shed light and recognize eventually that my thinking is delusional when I do have delusions. Even when I'm delusional, I think "This feels real, but doesn't make any sense." I quit taking my antipsychotics will no ill effects, I know I shouldn't, I'm still taking my SSRI and SNRI, but I still have them and may take them tomorrow because I've been restless, had difficulty focusing, and sometimes they can help.

I am by no means encouraging you to go off your meds without talking to your doctor, I'm just saying that the concept of mystical states or a Kundalini awakening isn't understood by medical practitioners, most of the time they aren't understood by the person experiencing them.

Shaman

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
My diagnosis is PTSD with Psychotic features, it does kind of resonate with me because I was kind of shocked into a kundalini awakening by trauma. I'm very self-aware and can usually shed light and recognize eventually that my thinking is delusional when I do have delusions. Even when I'm delusional, I think "This feels real, but doesn't make any sense." I quit taking my antipsychotics will no ill effects, I know I shouldn't, I'm still taking my SSRI and SNRI, but I still have them and may take them tomorrow because I've been restless, had difficulty focusing, and sometimes they can help.

I am by no means encouraging you to go off your meds without talking to your doctor, I'm just saying that the concept of mystical states or a Kundalini awakening isn't understood by medical practitioners, most of the time they aren't understood by the person experiencing them.
Yea definitely better to stay on meds.. I personally will work towards tapering with my doctor thats way safer. I just believe I don't need antipsychotics right now and whatever psychosis I was going through is long gone. They should do more research about mental illness and spirituality's connection.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Yea definitely better to stay on meds.. I personally will work towards tapering with my doctor thats way safer. I just believe I don't need antipsychotics right now and whatever psychosis I was going through is long gone. They should do more research about mental illness and spirituality's connection.
I'm exploring how I'm on off meds, vs how I am on meds. I may feel better on medication, probably due to withdrawal, but it doesn't impact my insight going off it.

I think I'm a case where due to my history, they've kind of accepted that I'm going to just be on meds all my life. I have more hospitalizations than I can count when I was either dissociative, suicidal, or just dealing with crisis situations. Symptoms I haven't had for awhile, and I haven't been taking them regularly. They won't take me off in my case and it's up for me to decide when I'm ready. I have them when things get intense to bring me down to earth.

My illness was deemed as chronic, I've made drastic improvements, but If I want to go off, I think my doctor would be rightfully hesitant, even if I'm on a place on my path where I feel I am ready.

Shaman

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I'm exploring how I'm on off meds, vs how I am on meds. I may feel better on medication, probably due to withdrawal, but it doesn't impact my insight going off it.
Does medication affect your psychic/medium abilities? Personally they have not helped as much and is one of the reasons I want to get off it.

Promise

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Both kundalini awakening and psychosis involve altered perceptions of reality. Psychology doesn't distinguish. In fact, I tend to think that it depends on how you adjust to it. If you can incorporate the realization that reality is less solid than we thought, and were taught, in a functional way, and keep the benefits of that realization, it's the doorway to an awakening.

Otherwise, if a person labels the phenomena as a problem, once they have that label it becomes a bigger problem.

When the perceived reality fluctuations caused by energy shifts also get attached to negative emotions, negative beliefs, or negative memories it gets solidified in a non-useful way. If a person's family or loved ones starts freaking out about the person's difficulty distinguishing reality, it doesn't help either.

In an environment where the reality distortions are embraced and celebrated and welcomed - instead of feared as they often are in the Western world, it would tend to be more positive.

Once I worked with a 19yr old young man who's father had indoctrinated him into certain aspects of Buddhism which should go together with certain practices, but that part was left out, so this kid only told the parts about "reality isn't real", and he started looking for and focusing on that, and ended up getting a diagnosis of some kind of schizophrenia.

The famous family therapist Virginia Satir once described an experiment she did where she took 2 teens, who both were diagnosed with different flavors of schizophrenia, and after around 90 days in patient stay had somewhat recovered, and sent them home with the other family. Kind of a family swap. Fast forward 90 days they were both back in the facility, but their diagnosis's had flipped - consistent with the family. So, it seemed the patterns of severely dysfunctional families could create specific kinds of psychosis. Of course, there are many problems with that as an experiment, and we can't scientifically extrapolate a theory from that, but it is interesting.

So, how real is reality? I think there are also those that bump into the same phenomena and use it as inspiration, or ignore it, or .... anything else. I think most have moments of possible awakening, and there is a wide range of ways people respond. Full awakening and full psychosis are the two most obvious because they are the most extreme.

Promise.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Does medication affect your psychic/medium abilities? Personally they have not helped as much and is one of the reasons I want to get off it.
That is what I'm trying to explore. I've been able to get insights and intuitions on medication, but I've been on them all my life.

Honestly, I think the meds did jack shit with me.

Both kundalini awakening and psychosis involve altered perceptions of reality. Psychology doesn't distinguish. In fact, I tend to think that it depends on how you adjust to it. If you can incorporate the realization that reality is less solid than we thought, and were taught, in a functional way, and keep the benefits of that realization, it's the doorway to an awakening.

Otherwise, if a person labels the phenomena as a problem, once they have that label it becomes a bigger problem.

When the perceived reality fluctuations caused by energy shifts also get attached to negative emotions, negative beliefs, or negative memories it gets solidified in a non-useful way. If a person's family or loved ones starts freaking out about the person's difficulty distinguishing reality, it doesn't help either.

In an environment where the reality distortions are embraced and celebrated and welcomed - instead of feared as they often are in the Western world, it would tend to be more positive.

Once I worked with a 19yr old young man who's father had indoctrinated him into certain aspects of Buddhism which should go together with certain practices, but that part was left out, so this kid only told the parts about "reality isn't real", and he started looking for and focusing on that, and ended up getting a diagnosis of some kind of schizophrenia.

The famous family therapist Virginia Satir once described an experiment she did where she took 2 teens, who both were diagnosed with different flavors of schizophrenia, and after around 90 days in patient stay had somewhat recovered, and sent them home with the other family. Kind of a family swap. Fast forward 90 days they were both back in the facility, but their diagnosis's had flipped - consistent with the family. So, it seemed the patterns of severely dysfunctional families could create specific kinds of psychosis. Of course, there are many problems with that as an experiment, and we can't scientifically extrapolate a theory from that, but it is interesting.

So, how real is reality? I think there are also those that bump into the same phenomena and use it as inspiration, or ignore it, or .... anything else. I think most have moments of possible awakening, and there is a wide range of ways people respond. Full awakening and full psychosis are the two most obvious because they are the most extreme.

Promise.
This is very very interesting, I had very very dysfunctional families and it gives me a new paradigm to explore some of my unhealthy delusions. Like my delusions involve being responsible for a sort of cataclysmic event which I don't want to cause against my own will.

I'm not asking you to psychologically analyze them or anything, that is my job.

Last edited:

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
As for me, ever since I did that one prayer during the time I was in prison. Made me believe I was having a conversation with the Holy Spirit. Then Satan, then Lucifer, and finally it escalated to the extreme. Now, I embrace the fact, that I enjoy my voices!!!.

Let me let you in on something, now I only hear God's voice. The only voice that really matters to me.

Reaction score
Awards
It was only after dabbling with Qlippothic evocations that I started to hear male and female voices calling my name. Startled and forgetting to issue the charge, I immediately banished.
Chaos and crime increased.
I also started trying to evoke Goetia.
Frequency of voices increased.
I finally had a psychotic break for different reasons. More would follow.
According to personal recollection and reports from family members, symptoms were present in childhood.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
It was only after dabbling with Qlippothic evocations that I started to hear male and female voices calling my name. Startled and forgetting to issue the charge, I immediately banished.
Chaos and crime increased.
I also started trying to evoke Goetia.
Frequency of voices increased.
I finally had a psychotic break for different reasons. More would follow.
According to personal recollection and reports from family members, symptoms were present in childhood.
This is interesting, sometimes I feel that if I banish energy, then the amount of crime and fighting around my neighborhood tends to increase.
I'm now trying to focus more on RHP stuff, because I've been working with Qlippothic energy for awhile, and it says straight up that it's intense. I've had good experience with Goetic demons usually, but it does make me wonder.

This is advice for OP, I'm trying to work with more RHP stuff such as angels, to compensate right now, when I get negative impacts or effects from that then go the other path.

My perception is that energy needs to be balanced.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
if you are going through clairaudience/clairvoyance and it's just not schizophrenic voices/visions?

The terms clairaudience and schizophrenia come from different perspectives of what is often the same phenomenon.

The typical human is quite complex with multiple attached/fragmented intelligences.

As the human learns to control, integrate and refine aspects of the personality, those personality levels become more functional in recognizing, managing and interacting with incoming energies/entities.

Where the human is traumatized or suffers from adverse inner planes interference/interactions there are often difficult incoming thoughts, sounds, feelings, desires, and movements.

Such a human may use spiritual means or use physical substances to manage/prevent/dull adverse experiences.

It is important not to permit depressive thoughts/feelings/visions to be on-going. Allowing those is a direct invitation to possessive entities.