• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Scrying medium consecration

Reaction score
This question isn't specifically pointed toward any specific manuscript tradition (i.e., DSIC, Ars Paulina, etc.) but more general-purpose. For any of yall with experience using scrying implements, particularly crystal spheres but this applies to any tool, how did you go about consecrating it? I was suggested to leave it in the moonlight for a full lunar cycle (New Moon - New Moon), but beyond that I'm unsure where to start. Any tips?

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
This question isn't specifically pointed toward any specific manuscript tradition (i.e., DSIC, Ars Paulina, etc.) but more general-purpose. For any of yall with experience using scrying implements, particularly crystal spheres but this applies to any tool, how did you go about consecrating it? I was suggested to leave it in the moonlight for a full lunar cycle (New Moon - New Moon), but beyond that I'm unsure where to start. Any tips?
I'm sending you a link.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Divination is under the influence of the Moon, so that definitely is a good start.
To make it more Ceremonial you could write a conjuration with Shaddai El Chai, Gabriel and the Angels of the Mansions.
Call each Angel separately with something like: "Aziel, you Angel of the 25th Mansion, governed by Saturn and Mercury, come into this Device and show me the way to victory, be my spying eyes, reveal to me how to bind and destroy my enemies, and all other things that you rule over" etc.

There's also a nice all purpose consecration in the PGM.

The Grimorium Verum gives the consecration for the Dagger but says that it can be used for all tools.

And, maybe you can incorporate this (from the square of the Kingdom of Divination - 9 Kingdoms of the Goetia):
"You snake-like foundation of mystery,
Come as I cry out your names in prayer.
Journey with me,
Make my hands write and my mouth speak the poetry of your sphere".
Followed by the names of the spirits of Divination.

Reaction score
I'm familiar with a few of these methods already, I've used the Oration of the Instrument a few times as well as the Consecration for all Things (Greco-Egyptian magic has been my latest long-term venture outside Solomonic stuff). Working with the Mansions seems like a good idea, I'll have to find an election for a beneficial one soon. The last bit is also intriguing, whats the source on the "Kingdom of Divination" stuff? It sounds up my alley but it's unfamiliar to me :>

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
That last part was a self plug that I maybe shouldn't have included. Though I'm sure that if you would have googled it you'd see.