• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Seeking to re-enter To-Shin Do, and learn Fire Dragon Meridian Qi Gong for Energy Work purposes

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all,

The title says it all. However what it does not say, is that I am severely out of shape, fat, poor knees and back, and have been out of it since 2012.
I lost all books and DVDs, the only things I have to remember them by are my White, Yellow, Yellow-Black, Blue-White, Blue, Blue-Black and Red-White belts.
Mastered at the time, Earth, Wateer and some Fire katas, was coming up for testing for solid Red. Following Fire would have been Wind and Void. Then the black belt with my name on it that was hung in the dojo waiting for me. Unfortunately I am poor and cannot afford classes, plus they are now closed due to cover and the economy.

So this will be self initiate work with only results to gauge by are events occurring in line with my energy workings through katas as the energy vehicle.

Care/thanks.

Antals

Neophyte
Reaction score
I hope you see good results with your practice. I've started learning more about Tai-Chi and Qi-Gong and, find it would benefit me greatly. No classes near me though so I'll just have to stick to books and videos. Care/thanks to you as well.

Reaction score
Awards
Ave, hello :)

I appreciate the kind words, thank you. Iv actually found quite a few papers on it, and the systems and the acupuncture/accupressure meridian system and relation to the nerves is interesting.

To-Shin Do, a modern system of IGA Ninjitsu, was teaching both muscle and bone attacks. The grandmaster was a medical professional, so knew anatomy and physiology well.

Care.

Reaction score
Awards
Dead so far lol. Procrastinating is my bane. I will startup fundamentals this week and see if I can use a friends striking bag to practice and in turn teach to the best of my ability. I recently practiced throwing shrikes and knives at a cardboard wall with my girlfriend at the time.

I was up to getting the Red-White belt (first of three belts for Fire, two elements below the black belt; I had Wind Void and testing for the BB to go.)

So for a month practice fundamentals, in Jan (appropriate for my Zelator plan), work on Earth katas for three months. In Spr/Summer do Water and Fire Katas for three months each. The rest I should be able to get info on katas by then.

Antals

Neophyte
Reaction score
I understand what you mean. There's a lot I should do be doing that procrastinate on as well. To-shin Do sounds pretty interesting are there any books or videos you would recommend?

Reaction score
Awards
So far with FDM Qi Gong, Ive learned Dragon Hides the Treasure. Basic grounding posture, and opening root chakra and crown chakra at the same time according to the meridians.

Stephen K Hayes Ninja Vol 1-6
Musashi Book of Five Rings
Stphen K Hayes Ninjitsu: Art of the Invisible Warrior
SKH Quest Martial Arts videos

Antals

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thanks for the Recs. I've read The Book of Five Rings and found it very insightful and strengthening. I will have to check out the Stephen K Hayes Recs.

Reaction score
Awards
They're quite good and quite active. Half the Ninja volumes are full of katas, the rest are dark psychology, mind training, and other philosophy detail.

Antals

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thanks again for this I've been looking for another physical aspect to add to my practice and this may help. I wish you good results with your work and, your spiritual practice as a whole.

Reaction score
Awards
Same to you :)
Post automatically merged:

Reminder to self, to practice Dragin Hides The Treasure and the next movement, and master them both, considering what is occurring with each gesture or movement. That way, the energy flow, and fluid as it should be, is what I should concentrate ion with To Shon Do. That also reminds me, perhaps I should ask my friends if I can use their punching bags for practice, and keep an eye out for a Bob Bag.

Last edited: