• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Shadow Queen of Sirius

Someone's asking for help!

Krauth

Neophyte
Reaction score
a few years back, i read Sean Woodwards piece on The Shadow Queen of Sirius where he speaks of his journey to a nice church in "blackmouth" if i remember correctly and as he keeps going about the history the environment and the rumors surrounding the place he continues to talk about the small church he visited at night to do a ritual next to a Madonna statue as he mentioned seeing her as the "Hoo Queen" followed by the "Do King" that came from Sirius.

now i dont really know Sean Woodwards or any of his pieces other than that one piece that was from the "Qliphoth" series published by BALG but i believe it left a nice impression on me (whether it was the writing or maybe something else) that still kept it tucked in a corner within my conscious mind.

so my question is if someone has any idea what Hoo Queen and Do King is he talking about, is it related to Hoodoo or Voodoo or is there another piece of information someone can point me towards?

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
is a short story, i.e. fiction, so we would have to read the Qliphoth book to find out what the author dreamed up and on what concepts he based his protagonists on. This question should have been better asked in the Arts section instead, I'd say.
Post automatically merged:

The Qliphoth book by BALG is easily available for free (annas-archive.org, pdfcoffee.com) for those who want to discuss Lovecraftian fantasy stuff.

Last edited:

Krauth

Neophyte
Reaction score
i did some searching and apparently Sean Woodward did have a few Vodoun books published
the one who he calls the Hoo Queen or the Shadow Queen is Erzulie he published an essay on this subject for a magazine that existed in 2012 and is no longer available. welp my curiosity and rent free memories ended quickly.

but the short story is amazing, i do recommend as a read makes me shed a tear every time i cry it. dude knows how to build up emotion.

This question should have been better asked in the Arts section instead, I'd say.
Arts section due to it being a short story of sorts?
i am still getting used to the forums and this section seemed right to me.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Arts section due to it being a short story of sorts?
i am still getting used to the forums and this section seemed right to me.
Q&A is more about factual issues, practical questions members have about rituals, for example which kind of incense to burn for Lilith, and where others can share any solutions they might have. My main issue was that interested members would have to read that short story first before they would be able to answer your query - the names of these entities alone don't help much. And now you've as good as answered your question yourself, which is not how things usually proceed in this sub-section, and book (or short story) recommendations do not belong here either.

Fiction is a bit of a grey area. Sometimes it can be instructive, esp. when written by a reputed occult author, but common-or-garden fantasy novels and dumb fanfic definitely don't belong in this forum, in my opinion.