• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Recommendation Shadow Work books

Seeking or giving recommendations for books.

I_am_suprised

Neophyte
Reaction score
I've been looking around for books on shadow work and integration from a an occult/magick perspective. I have seen many books on the subject but mostly from a mundane or new age perspective. I'll probably just pick one of those if I can't find what I'm looking for.

Do you have any suggestions for occult books about shadow work, or a book that contains at least some information on the topic?

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Just posted a link to a book by Tsultrim Allione - you can't get more radical than Chöd in this field. Great concept that's missing from the other self-help potboilers.

I_am_suprised

Neophyte
Reaction score
Just posted a link to a book by Tsultrim Allione - you can't get more radical than Chöd in this field. Great concept that's missing from the other self-help potboilers.
I actually have a copy of Feeding Your Demons. Have you been using it? If so, how has it been working for you?

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I've just begun to read it. The idea of transmuting something scary and make it your friend is intriguing, though.

I_am_suprised

Neophyte
Reaction score
Agreed, it also makes me wonder if the process could be used on external etertities as well, like if you were experiencing a haunting could you use this process to befriend the offending spirit. Idk, maybe I'll try sometime in the future.

One thing in the book I think it is good to point is that you have to let go of ego during the feeding. If you let go of ego you have endless energy to give, if you don't I think it would turn parasitic real quick.

Djnenas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Shadow work is a fairly new study subject to me. I never really heard of it in depth till basically a couple of years ago. Before that it was a Jungian psycological concept I had brevely read about. Thus far, i only read 1 book on the subject: ShadowWork: Finding your light in darkness by Dr Aiwass Ukehi PhD whom i stumbled upon on YouTube. It's rather basic but could serve as base??? and another on shadow people instead... I haven't put it into practice but reads well in some aspects. I never stumbled unpon anything of the sort so it really caught my attention...You might like to check it out??? Shadownomicon by DH Thorne. I sincerely hope this helps...

I_am_suprised

Neophyte
Reaction score
Shadow work is a fairly new study subject to me. I never really heard of it in depth till basically a couple of years ago. Before that it was a Jungian psycological concept I had brevely read about. Thus far, i only read 1 book on the subject: ShadowWork: Finding your light in darkness by Dr Aiwass Ukehi PhD whom i stumbled upon on YouTube. It's rather basic but could serve as base??? and another on shadow people instead... I haven't put it into practice but reads well in some aspects. I never stumbled unpon anything of the sort so it really caught my attention...You might like to check it out??? Shadownomicon by DH Thorne. I sincerely hope this helps...
I'll check out Finding Your Light. The one thing I'll point is that The Shadownomicon says that you shouldn't use it until you've resolved things with your Jungian shadow, otherwise the shadow people will use it to prey on you. So doesn't really work as shadow work since shadow work is a prerequisite.

Djnenas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I'll check out Finding Your Light. The one thing I'll point is that The Shadownomicon says that you shouldn't use it until you've resolved things with your Jungian shadow, otherwise the shadow people will use it to prey on you. So doesn't really work as shadow work since shadow work is a prerequisite.
Absolutely!!! That is why i haven't put any of it into practice!!! You're right!! I paid heed and honored that warning on the book. Messing with shadow entities is the last thing anyone should try. Ill get that other book Feeding your Demons by Allione (i believe you and another member mentioned) It seems very interesting. That is something i definitely will try. Thanks for the mentioning of it. It's been a while since i found anything time worthy to read.