• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Sigils for angels?

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Hello, good afternoon / day / night !

Maybe it's only me, but I've noticed that in demonolatry the sigils for demons in the ars goetia are really easy to find. Does anyone know where one could find a collection of sigils used for angels ?? Hoping this isn't a really dumb question.

My objective, is to eventually invoke an angel (clearly, not right now, maybe in a couple of months when i feel more confident in my powers). I really would like to work with angels and maintain relations with them. Though i cannot invoke, or make an elaborate ceremonies for them i plan on praying to angels that i feel are calling me. For instance, I feel a pull towards Archangel Chamuel. I feel as if my prayer could be more heard if i could pray with their sigil and charge it?

Advice? Thoughts?

Solution

Maybe it's only me, but I've noticed that in demonolatry the sigils for demons in the ars goetia are really easy to find. Does anyone know where one could find a collection of sigils used for angels ?? Hoping this isn't a really dumb question.

My objective, is to eventually invoke an angel (clearly, not right now, maybe in a couple of months when i feel more confident in my powers). I really would like to work with angels and maintain relations with them. Though i cannot invoke, or make an elaborate ceremonies for them i plan on praying to angels that i feel are calling me. For instance, I feel a pull towards Archangel Chamuel. I feel as if my...

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I feel a pull towards Archangel Chamuel
Khamiel found me while I was having lunch with friends. He spelt the name and said he was the Angel of Divine Justice. So I went into the library and looked him up - where he was called The Avenging Angel. I suppose it is a matter of perspective.

He did not reappear for about 10 years when I was meditating on top of Glastonbury Tor. I was about to use my energy sword when he appeared and put his hand over mine and the sword changed into a meat cleaver.

Might be better to wait until he calls on you,

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
sigils used for angels
Hi, maybe if you searched for seals instead of sigils you'd have more success finding them. Google will show you a bunch 😊
The seal of Camael shouldn't be hard to find, as well as the seals of most other Archangels. Good luck.

Telafiel

ᶜᵒᵍⁿⁱᵗⁱᵛᵉ ᵇᵉʰᵃᵛⁱᵒʳᵃˡ ᶜʳʸᵒᵗʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ
Reaction score
Awards

My objective, is to eventually invoke an angel (clearly, not right now, maybe in a couple of months when i feel more confident in my powers). I really would like to work with angels and maintain relations with them. Though i cannot invoke, or make an elaborate ceremonies for them i plan on praying to angels that i feel are calling me. For instance, I feel a pull towards Archangel Chamuel. I feel as if my prayer could be more heard if i could pray with their sigil and charge it?

Advice? Thoughts?

Angels are not use sigils because you don't need them to call them - and like it or not, same true with demons, you do not need sigils to summon them neithe - and they don't want you to think in this way. The difference is that angels are more interested in helping and supporting you out of selflesness, pure love and devotion than any demon. There are many methods to contact with an angel and their energy and they are prefer these forms - and much more easier to "make them come", than any demon. Why?

Because they love you, and because they hear you; always.

Also, angels are working in groups and you always have at least one angel with you, but they can not get closer to you more than you let them, because they must respect your free will. If you want to call them, they can help you with more thing than anyways. Otherwise, their hand is chained.

You can talk to them, "praying" to them, using crystals which are manifesting the energy of the angel you want, to raise your vibration to their level, meditate with them and so much more. If you want to work with angels, forget about these kind of rituals what people prefer to use in case of demons, they don't need it. This is a warm and loving connection which does not require any rituals other than your love, and every act out of your love.​

Solution

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In the Western tradition, the human soul has both a body (higher mental levels) and an intelligence (a solar angel)

Thus any human that acts with goodwill is attractive to at least one angel.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Angels are not use sigils because you don't need them to call them - and like it or not, same true with demons, you do not need sigils to summon them neithe - and they don't want you to think in this way. The difference is that angels are more interested in helping and supporting you out of selflesness, pure love and devotion than any demon. There are many methods to contact with an angel and their energy and they are prefer these forms - and much more easier to "make them come", than any demon. Why?

Also, angels are working in groups and you always have at least one angel with you, but they can not get closer to you more than you let them, because they must respect your free will. If you want to call them, they can help you with more thing than anyways. Otherwise, their hand is chained.

You can talk to them, "praying" to them, using crystals which are manifesting the energy of the angel you want, to raise your vibration to their level, meditate with them and so much more. If you want to work with angels, forget about these kind of rituals what people prefer to use in case of demons, they don't need it. This is a warm and loving connection which does not require any rituals other than your love, and every act out of your love.​
I'm not sure if I 100% agree with everything you're saying, especially the part where angels love you unconditionally...

But even if that were true, I guess the reason people use seals is that they are a prepackaged, generalized way to call out to and communicate with beings who you would otherwise have to laboriously seek their names and an introduction via rituals.

This is why to learn the name of and communicate with your guardian angel, which actually is an angel that does always have your best interests at heart, but no one is able to create a "general" seal for your specific one, there is a lengthy, time and energy-consuming process to gain contact and communication.

Reaction score

that's really helpful !! thank you so much !!

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I will say as much that @Telafiel and @SkullTraill both hit on some really prescient point here.

One, angels are not about "ask me" they are much more "you do you and if I like that, I help".

Angels CAN actively oppose you, especially if you are working against someone's consent.

More often, getting help from such beings would amount to having strong principles, living by them, and "being open to all help in service of your principles."

It is of course my view that these things are buried inside our own heads, default neural constructs most of us are born connected with and to and of. In some ways you could call them "virtues"? But they have more definition than a shapeless, formless, and ultimately wishy-washy concept of "virtue".

I expect that there are specific oaths rather than sigils one may use to bind oneself to an angel.

In many ways, while fiction, there's a powerful metaphor for this in
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The more such oaths one can successfully speak, the closer one comes to the Angels.

Breaking such oaths, on the other hand... Well, I imagine all the bad things that can happen to someone who betrays a demon that they let out of the oubliette of their mind, and then think about that of an entity that has all the power to completely hijack your guilt track and make you feel like shit AS WELL as sabotage everything you do for the sake of self.

As for the specific oaths,
does have several but I'm sure you could find them elsewhere.

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I will say as much that @Telafiel and @SkullTraill both hit on some really prescient point here.

One, angels are not about "ask me" they are much more "you do you and if I like that, I help".

Angels CAN actively oppose you, especially if you are working against someone's consent.

More often, getting help from such beings would amount to having strong principles, living by them, and "being open to all help in service of your principles."

It is of course my view that these things are buried inside our own heads, default neural constructs most of us are born connected with and to and of. In some ways you could call them "virtues"? But they have more definition than a shapeless, formless, and ultimately wishy-washy concept of "virtue".

I expect that there are specific oaths rather than sigils one may use to bind oneself to an angel.

In many ways, while fiction, there's a powerful metaphor for this in

The more such oaths one can successfully speak, the closer one comes to the Angels.

Breaking such oaths, on the other hand... Well, I imagine all the bad things that can happen to someone who betrays a demon that they let out of the oubliette of their mind, and then think about that of an entity that has all the power to completely hijack your guilt track and make you feel like shit AS WELL as sabotage everything you do for the sake of self.

As for the specific oaths,
does have several but I'm sure you could find them elsewhere.
You've definitely hit on some good points there @Jarhyn.

Also from a Jungian perspective angels and demons are pretty much the same thing. Archetypal representations of certain emotions/drives/ideas in the universal subconscious, astral plane etc and are very much in you anyway.

Personally I think objects/artworks and an incantation you wrote based on YOUR understanding of the concept the entity represents.

Good luck and I'd also say be respectful (these entites are older than civilisation) ,but also be firm and in command. They are entertwungn%++q+q++++1

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think Sigils are likely the angels or spirits ways of communicating with us, a sort of alphabet, I’ve heard in the upper occult communities one can concentrate on these and get all kinds of info.

at SkullTraill, angels are def not all love n kindness, they don’t have the same thought process as we do

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Not sure what happened to the end of my comment lol.

Here is what I meant to say

Good luck and I'd also say be respectful (these entites are older than civilisation) ,but also be firm and in command. They are entering YOUR world.