• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Since I already have a sandwich philosophy... What's your favorite sandwich?

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Rather than having a favorite, I have two that while not on the cathegory of "favorites" I would definitely eat them whenever I given the chance(and if there isn't other type of food that I prefer more).

One is tuna with mayo and lettuce, and the other is chocolate with coconut rasps/shredded coconut(slices of fruit can be added too, in order to give different textures and flavors, but on it's own it's already tasty to me).

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Just had a PB&J a while ago. 6.5/10.

My fav sandwich... probably doesn't have a name? But I love smoked salmon, herb cream cheese, raw onions and a few green chilis (hate capers).

I also love any type of steak sandwich.

BLT is alright.

But by far my most eaten sandwich is just loading it up with cold cuts, salami etc, good mozz/other cheese + antipasti veg (roasted peppers, olives, pickles etc)

All on crispy baguette or semolina bread ideally (except PB&J and BLT etc - then mabe some whole grain).

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards

My fav sandwich... probably doesn't have a name? But I love smoked salmon, herb cream cheese, raw onions and a few green chilis (hate capers).

BLT is alright.

But by far my most eaten sandwich is just loading it up with cold cuts, salami etc, good mozz/other cheese + antipasti veg (roasted peppers, olives, pickles etc)

All on crispy baguette or semolina bread ideally (except PB&J and BLT etc - then mabe some whole grain).
I do love myself a sandwich straight out of a deli pretty much. But by far my favorite to make at home is to cut a croissant in half and pretty much just make a croissant chicken salad sandwich with bacon bits (Not bacos, I'm talking REAL bacon fresh from the stove)
Post automatically merged:

When you think about it, sandwiches are the simplest way to make the tastiest experience even when you are drunk or just faded (for you weed smokers)

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

BLT is alright.

The above Sandwich With No Name could by styled a "Bagel-free Lox," assuming it's on regular bread. You could go with the Yiddish "Broytlox," (bread-lox) but that sounds like an insult. "Enough with the dickering about capers already and give me the sandwich! Stop being such a broytlox!"

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Lately it's toasted whole-wheat, tomato, lettuce, firm tofu, and Senf (or failing that, mustard oil.) Also kim-chee on toasted bread ain't bad either.
I have never liked tofu at all in sandwiches and I won't pretend I ever did. But I do have to say, ham, bacon, and Kimchee is a really good combo

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I have never liked tofu at all in sandwiches and I won't pretend I ever did. But I do have to say, ham, bacon, and Kimchee is a really good combo
The only sandwich-worthy tofus are the dry kinds, something like chewable rubber. (Maybe chicken is a better comparison)

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Who's an Owl gotta swoop to get a muthafuckin calzone up in here.

In times of calzone-famine, next on the Tummy's Most Wanted list is a BLT on rye with swiss, but that's just eating out, at home I make it with white bread 🥪 🦉 🔪 🍞 if no bacon then it's usually ham, and if no ham then death.

mjesecC

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Chopped salad of arugula, smoked chicken breast and chickpeas dressed with cilantro pesto, Dijon mustard, muhammara, or a simple mixture of lime juice and salt on a beautiful (buttered) homemade ciabatta is an all-time favorite. But I've been settling for the humble grilled cheese over the lean years we've been through.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Perfect sandwich for a 420 session would be a good ol' grilled cheese or literally just slapping every kind of deli meat you own on a Hawaiian roll

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I've developed a bit of a Sandwich addiction this Summer and have eaten one for Lunch almost every day for the last two months.

I don't really have a favorite and usually just buy whatever I'm in the mood for from a local Deli.

It's usually something like Ham and Turkey or Ham and Roastbeef or Turkey and Roastbeef etc on either Wheat or White bread with either Swiss or Cheddar cheese.

Then at home I'll add Sweet Baby Rays Honey Mustard to it and some Arby's Sauce which is a US Based Chain sauce that is basically a really mild BBQ type sauce but with a pretty strong Vinegar/Tangy component that cuts through the fat in the cheese and Mustard.

On the side I'll eat some Sun Chips.

When Fall arrives I'm going to take a hiatus and hit the Cardio pretty hard because I've had to have put on 10-15 Lbs in 8 weeks....lol

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I've developed a bit of a Sandwich addiction this Summer and have eaten one for Lunch almost every day for the last two months.

I don't really have a favorite and usually just buy whatever I'm in the mood for from a local Deli.

It's usually something like Ham and Turkey or Ham and Roastbeef or Turkey and Roastbeef etc on either Wheat or White bread with either Swiss or Cheddar cheese.

Then at home I'll add Sweet Baby Rays Honey Mustard to it and some Arby's Sauce which is a US Based Chain sauce that is basically a really mild BBQ type sauce but with a pretty strong Vinegar/Tangy component that cuts through the fat in the cheese and Mustard.

On the side I'll eat some Sun Chips.

When Fall arrives I'm going to take a hiatus and hit the Cardio pretty hard because I've had to have put on 10-15 Lbs in 8 weeks....lol
Can you still get real sandwiches in convenience stores? Back around 2016 I noticed here that wrapped sandwiches tended to have a sliver of cheese, turkey, etc. on the side facing the buyer and almost nothing inside the bread. I guess if there are 1b+ potential customers, repeat business is not a big consideration. Time to roll my own, I saw.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Can you still get real sandwiches in convenience stores? Back around 2016 I noticed here that wrapped sandwiches tended to have a sliver of cheese, turkey, etc. on the side facing the buyer and almost nothing inside the bread. I guess if there are 1b+ potential customers, repeat business is not a big consideration. Time to roll my own, I saw.

I usually get mine from a Deli section in a smaller chain Grocery Store but I believe the even smaller convenience stores still have some Sandwiches but they are usually smaller around Hamburger size.

I've been quite the glutton and chosen the full 12-inch submarine style to feed my addiction.

But you are right that it's easier on the wallet to portion ratio by buying the individual ingredients and constructing it yourself at home.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
A veggie/weight-loss sandwich is toasted sourdough bread (it's heavy), lettuce, and tomato, with a bit of vinegar and olive oil. I call it a BLT: "barren lettuce and tomato."

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
For least favorite sandwiches, I have to nominate the Sloppy Joe or Hot Turkey sandwich. Dumping chili or gravy on bread may taste good. It is not, however, a true sandwich. A benchmark of a sandwich is that you can pick it up without it disintegrating.

I know about this issue: every day for a couple of months I was "the worst motherf****** soup sandwich" in all Ft. Leonard Wood.

Sabbatius

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
A classic Reuben.
If I am in the mood for some good swine, a classic Cuban.