• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Small Compilation of Beginner-friendly Videos for a Healthier Body

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I put here a small compilation of videos that I believe are not only filled with actually useful(and doable) knowledge, but are also completely beginner friendly in their approach to working out.

Most people that work out usually do so either to become strong, look strong or become leaner.But you don't hear they talking much about developing endurance, mobility exercises, joint health, athleticism, and etc.Things that are necessary for a relatively healthy body that-barring any accidents or medical issues-will last you until the end of your life(of course, also combining that with a decent nutrition and sleep).

If you are someone that feels stuck, wanting to start working out but don't know how(specially if you consider yourself a beginner), here are some videos to make it easier for you to start.

An easier way to start moving your body

A boring advice

I hope those will be useful to you, the one reading this right now.Regardless if you're actually trying to grauate from a couch potato to an active person, or if you're already in your healthy journey, keep in mind that there is always a reason as to why people should learn the basics first.We ourselves weren't born ready to run, we took our time to learn that skill.

Remember that there isn't an excuse to not try to give yourself a healthy body, even the the smallest activity you do now will make a hughe impact on your life in the future.
Post automatically merged:

Someone please comment here so I can post two more videos.
Apparently there is a "2 video only" limit per post.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
As an older guy I once knew who worked a lot on his mobility and flexibility often said: "You know you're still young if you can pull on your socks without using any support!" Having good balance is a consideration as well. Standing on one leg while rotating his arms was one of his favorite exercises.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The last two videos of the compilation

100% beginner-way to learn the handstand

Learning acrobatics, from very beginner to expert levels
Post automatically merged:

Having good balance is a consideration as well. Standing on one leg while rotating his arms was one of his favorite exercises.
Many people seems to take for granted their mobility and they will only realize how important such "simple" exercises are once age starts creeping on them.For example, so many lose the ability to simply crouch(search for "slav squat" for reference) and stay balanced on their feet or be able to get up and down easily without having issues with their knees.

It's never too late to actually exercise for a better health for the future(and the present too!), but many people seem to think that "they're too old to do it" and so they don't even do the bare minimum(which is just being active/move around).

For these reasons I am kind of glad that my work(acting) actually requires us to take care of our bodies.While not up to the level of athletes, we at least learn and end up doing a lot of stretches, warm ups , mobility and endurance exercises.It's a bit like with the circus crew, your body is your tool of work, so no matter the age you have to keep it in shape.

Last edited:

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
That guy has good advice.
Another good tip is… it takes 3 months to develop a habit, if you set an alarm at the same time everyday, wether you want to or not, work out, continue for 3 months, after 3 months it can quite literally feel like something is missing, and even if you hated it the first 2 months after the third it’ll be a part of your daily routine.
(This is also good for building discipline and can transfer over to many other aspects of life without even noticing at first).
It’s important to keep in mind it can only take 3-7 days to break the habit depending on how long you’ve been doing it and how intense you are about it 15 minutes a day or 2hrs a day? So it really is a 5-6 day a week thing. The less time you spend building the habit the easier it slips away.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have a whiteboard in my living room where I wrote my minimum exercise routine with FATSO under it and the days of the week. In my face every day

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I have a whiteboard in my living room where I wrote my minimum exercise routine with FATSO under it and the days of the week. In my face every day
I thought FATSO was an acronym to something.
I also have a minimum exercise routine, it isn't anything like those "gym monsters" that workout for hours on end, at most it can be between 5-10 minutes but it is repeated through the day a many times as I can.It is an extra way to keep myself active that can be done anywhere.