• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Small Non-Filling Protein Snacks?

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
In another thread, someone mentioned these paired with coffee as a way to stay awake. What would said snacks be? A peanut? I had a roomie who went with White Castle burgers. My turtles like snails after a rainstorm. My kid sister opted for nose-candy (sort of like DIY gummi bears, if you get my drift.) What's a fer sure winner here?

Xag9

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
In another thread, someone mentioned these paired with coffee as a way to stay awake. What would said snacks be? A peanut? I had a roomie who went with White Castle burgers. My turtles like snails after a rainstorm. My kid sister opted for nose-candy (sort of like DIY gummi bears, if you get my drift.) What's a fer sure winner here?
Out of these? The burgers.

My personal for something to get that protein in is a tuna sandwich, sardines or any canned fish because it's quick and affordable. Additionally, a yogurt bowl with protein mixed into it its also nice.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

My personal for something to get that protein in is a tuna sandwich, sardines or any canned fish because it's quick and affordable. Additionally, a yogurt bowl with protein mixed into it its also nice.
"Civilization began in the happy age when the Hyporboreans first canned sardines. It began its irreversible decline when their depraved descendants took to tinning Vienna sausages."---Julius Evola, Il imperialismo gastronomico.

Xag9

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
"Civilization began in the happy age when the Hyporboreans first canned sardines. It began its irreversible decline when their depraved descendants took to tinning Vienna sausages."---Julius Evola, Il imperialismo gastronomico.
Reject degeneracy, return to tradition🥫

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

Some places in Thailand and Cambodia sell fried spiders, about as big as a child's hand. I wanted to try them last time I was there, but frying a live spider strikes me as cruel. Then there is the very real possibility that killing 'em is bad luck. Awkabishia'd be after me fer sure.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I use to snack on Beef jerky.

I'm not sure what you can find in China but here you can buy Bags of it that can reseal like a ziplock.

That way you can just eat a few pieces here and there.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I use to snack on Beef jerky.

I'm not sure what you can find in China but here you can buy Bags of it that can reseal like a ziplock.

That way you can just eat a few pieces here and there.
Actually up in Inner Mongolia, about two hours away by car, 牛肉干 (dried beef strips, usually with hot pepper)seems to be about all they eat.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Beef or Venison jerky is a good option, hunting season is about to be here and my neighbor is all about that venison jerky he and his wife make themselves 😋

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Beef or Venison jerky is a good option, hunting season is about to be here and my neighbor is all about that venison jerky he and his wife make themselves 😋
Sounds better than last week here: my wife found weevils in about 2 kilos of rice. I spent a couple hours spreading the stuff in the sun and picking out bugs. I should've have saved 'em as small high-protein snacks, eh?